—"No man can serve two masters! ...Ye cannot serve God & Mammon" (Money) ... "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God!"—Mt.6:24 & 33.—Read it all
—Views on it from Faithy, Simon Peter & Dad!—And Jesus!
FROM FAITHY: ABOUT "MUSIC WITH MEANING" & SIMON PETER'S MOVE TO MIDEAST! From letters from Simon Peter about his situation in the Gulf area: With the people he is working with & the amount of commercial stuff they are making him do for his living there & use of the studio, he is finding it increasingly more difficult to do the MWM work there, both spiritually & physically.
THEY RECENTLY EVEN GOT VIOLENT with him during a confrontation he had with them over all this when he voiced what he really felt about his not having enough time & peace & quiet & cooperation to do the MWM programs, etc., & that that is his main job, not doing commercials!
THIS FELLOW HE'S WORKING WITH HAS A HISTORY OF DEMONIC OPPRESSIONS & a very proud spirit, & thinks Simon is his employee!—And he is supposed to be a member of the Family! Kenaz had written him concerning these problems & shook him up a little, so that he's been on his good behaviour since the night of the violent outbreak towards Simon, probably realising he had over-stepped himself & could lose Simon altogether after he reported it to us‚ thus losing his goose that is making his business a success with his golden eggs, successful jingles & commercials for big corporations etc.!
SO WHEN WE TALKED TO SIMON on the phone, he mentioned things were going better, but we feel it's only because they feel in danger of losing him now—which we told him on the phone & that we were afraid for his safety because of this guy's violent streaks. If he were to know he were losing him altogether, he might do something drastic or threaten him or something.
HE GOT PARTICULARLY INSPIRED OVER THE NEWS that others were going to be moving here to work with MWM especially, as they're also British, & Simon has been working with a tough loud-mouthed American whom he is sick of! Chron & others will be helping on the artistic side. It would be good for us to spend some time with Simon when he arrives here, to strengthen him spiritually & encourage him after all he's been through.
CHRON KNOWS ABOUT RECORDING, etc., & really has the burden for MWM, TTL! All this help I'm sure is really going to inspire Simon no end after being out on the desert both spiritually & physically there in the Mideast.
TTL! I'M SO GLAD I CAN BE HERE AT THIS TIME TO HELP even though I miss Juan very much & wonder how I'll make it three weeks without him! He's my manager! HA! But all this is keeping me busy, TTL! Thanks for your prayers!
GBAKY! LOVE, Faithy
(From Simon Peter, producer of our MWM Radio Show that reaches millions in India, with Dad's replies:)
—(Underlining by Dad:)
Dear Dad & Maria26/8/79
DAD, IS WHAT YOUR VISION IS FOR THE MWMS outside of our present outreach, or for radio shows to reach other parts of the world using Family & good System music mixed together. Do you think there's any point in having a radio show on the air somewhere if there's no chance of a mail ministry follow-up? (Dad: If they give us free time & let us preach Gospel! But I never found a station yet that would not let us give an address.)
MY ONLY VISION for being in my present circumstances is to have the facilities that are unavailable in India that will enable us to put programmes on other stations worldwide. But after the Lord's warnings to me in "Shtick" about leaving my Sri Lanka outreach, I really would appreciate the assurance that you felt my time was being well spent in working on these other projects besides MWM & also, being in a dropped-in situation having to do some purely bread & butter stuff.
DAD, MORE THAN ANYTHING, I WANT YOU TO KNOW that my heart & time, my everything, are yours & the Lord's. I love you because you first loved me & saved me from this damned rotten world & saved me from myself. I pray that I never lose the deep love that I have for your Letters nor sway from the sample that you have given us to follow! May God bless & keep you & strengthen your heart & body. I love you so much, xxx Simon xxx
1. DAD: I LOVE YOU, TOO‚ SON‚ & THANK THE LORD FOR YOU. My reaction is that I think you may be getting away from your calling! God blessed MWM without other worldly projects, & I fear you're now unequally yoked with unbelievers & compromising. Your show is great just like it is, no punches pulled, no toning down the message, just sugar–coating it with your style of presentation.
2. I COULD SELL IT TO STATIONS, plugs & all‚ just as I did Fred's for free time! I got his half-hour radio show on over 1100 stations free!—With plenty of plugs, address & all!—You just need a salesman with faith! With what we pay for time for this one show‚ we could keep a man on the road getting free time on 100s!—"Where are the reapers?"—GHU!
3. I CAN'T NOW, BUT SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE THE BURDEN! I think it's a great show & the response terrific & the results excellent! But you have to plug more or your MM pull more for $!—And get more free time!
4. WHERE ARE THE SALESMEN?! GHU!—We gotta good product, but somebody's gotta sell it!—Know any salesmen with the burden?—It takes nerve, vision‚ faith & initiative!—Aren't there anymore PIONEERS? Maybe we could advertise in the FN for a pioneer salesman for MWM!—Amen?
5. MAYBE I COULD WRITE A LETTER ON HOW TO DO IT—HOW I DID IT!—Then maybe we could get some volunteers—But we'd have to pay their travel expenses—I did it for less than $1000 a month!—But I rode busses, stayed in cheap hotels, walked to the stations & used public phones for calls & ate in Woolworth's!—Ha!—Let's advertise for a SALESMAN!—That's the best show we've got—outside of me!—Ha!
(MAT.6:24-34:) NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS: for either he will hate the one, & love the other; or else he will hold to the one, & despise the other. Ye cannot serve God & mammon!
v25. THEREFORE I SAY UNTO YOU, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, & the body than raiment?
v26. BEHOLD THE FOWLS OF THE AIR: FOR THEY SOW NOT, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
v27. WHICH OF YOU BY TAKING THOUGHT can add one cubit unto his stature?
v28. AND WHY TAKE YE THOUGHT FOR RAIMENT? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
v29. AND YET I SAY UNTO YOU, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these!
v30. WHEREFORE, IF GOD SO CLOTHE THE GRASS OF THE FIELD, which today is, & tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
v31. THEREFORE TAKE NO THOUGHT‚ SAYING, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithall shall we be clothed?
v32. (FOR AFTER ALL THESE THINGS DO THE GENTILES SEEK:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
v33. BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, & HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: & all these things shall be added unto you.
v34. TAKE THEREFORE NO THOUGHT FOR THE MORROW: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.—Amen?
God's first law of economics is still to seek His Kingdom first!—Then all these things shall be added unto you!