—MOOctober 20, 1974DO No.379
1. LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM. I had been real sick and wasn't feeling good, but I got up to go to some kind of a school function—Parent & Teachers Association or something.—Well, I really didn't know there was going to be this meeting, but was something at Faith's school with the parents‚ some private school. And I thought, "Well‚ I'll at least go in long enough to see the superintendent and pay her tuition, then I won't have to stay."
2. SO I REMEMBER I DROVE TO SCHOOL in my bathrobe and long underwear and bedroom slippers. I remember thinking, "I wish I'd at least thought to put my socks on," because my bare ankles were sticking out. When I first got to the school there was nobody there but the superintendent in the room, and he looked at me kind of strangely, but I explained I just left my sickbed because I didn't want to fail Faithie, she wanted me to come so bad, and so I'd come to at least pay her tuition. So he rather hesitantly, but at least politely or courteously‚ invited me to sit down, though I hadn't really planned to stay.
3. THEN THE PEOPLE BEGAN COMING IN and there I sat in my bathrobe, long johns and slippers! They all looked at me kind of strangely‚ oddly and a little cooly, like "what is this freak doing here dressed like this?" By this time there were a couple dozen parents there and nobody was saying anything‚ just whispering amongst themselves about the way I looked.
4. BUT FINALLY THIS CRABBY OLD [GUY] JUMPED UP and yelled out loudly before everybody at the superintendent of the school, "What's the big idea of this guy coming here looking like this!—This is a disgrace and shameful!" And he made a big fuss about my being there and said, "He shouldn't come like that—he shouldn't be here, it's a disgrace to the school!" And the poor superintendent looked rather embarrassed and felt bad about it and looked at me like‚ "Well, what can I do?"
5. SOME OF THE PARENTS WERE AGREEING with the [old guy], but others were saying, "Well, he's sick‚ it doesn't make any difference," and there was a great row going on, especially with [some] parents complaining. But the others were saying, "Well, let him stay." Then I looked at the superintendent and I could tell what he was thinking, that if I left, it would save him a lot of embarrassment.
6. SO I GOT UP AND LOOKED AT THIS [GUY] who was screaming and I said, "That's okay, don't get so excited! I didn't want to come here in the first place and I only came to pay my kid's tuition, and then I was invited to stay. But if you make such a fuss about it I'll just leave." So I left, and the superintendent and some of the people looked rather sad and sympathetic and sorry to see me go. But the [ACs] were as hard as nails, like‚ "Huh, we really triumphed!"—And as I tell this, the parallel comes so clearly and significantly:
7. IT'S PROBABLY A WARNING FROM THE LORD ABOUT ENGLAND. The school, of course‚ represents the government, and the superintendent the head officials, and the parents are the people. Faith represents our kids, and of course I'm always pretty freaky, and the [ACs] were yelling and screaming. This old fat bald-headed [guy] was really, really, screaming! "Okay, if you don't want me‚ I'll leave," I said, and the poor superintendent looked so relieved, like I'd saved him a lot of trouble.
8. BUT THE [ACS] LOOKED SO VINDICTIVE, DEMONIC, AND SO GLAD THEY'D KICKED ME OUT. And I remember the last thing I thought as I walked out, "Poor Faithie, I really made things bad for her! She's going to be so embarrassed‚ she's not even going to want to go back to school. "Well‚ that certainly could have a rather simple, literal parallel about England. It's sort of a confirmation to me, thank God, and I'm so glad to be out of there—and also I'd better not go back there! He gives me such a childish little picture like this. It boils it down to a simple little thing or picture even a child could understand.
9. THOSE [ACS]! They're like the small group of bitter enemies Jesus had. They're small but vociferous and powerful and can persuade the people. Jesus said they'd killed all the prophets and they were of their father the Devil!
10. THE [ACS] THINK WE'RE ATTEMPTING TO FOMENT WAR AND PROPAGANDISING FOR RUSSIA. They're probably saying, "If he's on Russia's side, why would he predict the invasion routes so that we could prepare for them?—Aha! This is just a feint, a red herring! He's putting out this propaganda telling us they're coming this direction or route‚ but they'll probably come from the other direction, from Lebanon, particularly Lebanon which is the short route."
11. THEY KNOW THE SYRIANS ARE THEIR SWORN ENEMIES and they're bound to get an attack from Syria. It's kind of like that old pea game: "Which hand is it in? How far will he go? He had it in his right hand, so if he's childish he'd put it in his left hand. They would then have to spread out their forces on all sides.
12. THE RUSSIANS ARE PRETTY SMART: They think, "He makes a few cracks at us sometimes to make people think he's not on our side, but he's one of us socialists and knows what the score is. That's no small propaganda machine, a paper which is reaching hundreds of millions every month with such inside information!"—Our little Letters! People cannot hate you unless they're afraid of you.
13. THE [ACs] ARE AFRAID OF US BECAUSE WE'RE EXPOSING THEIR HYPOCRISY AND PLANS TO RULE THE WORLD!—And they nearly made it through the U.S.A., Britain, Holland‚ West Germany and Israel!—But then God stepped in with Russia and China and said, "Stop!—That's enough!—Now I'm going to judge you for your sins and rejecting your Messiah, Jesus Christ, My Own Son! I'm going to destroy your world superpower and damned dollar diplomacy and worship of Mammon, Moloch and Baal and punish you for your anti–Christ iniquities!—And I'm going to use the Russian communist Frankenstein's monster you created to do it!"
14. Only now their monster has turned on them and is about to destroy them! Their own materialistic idols of both capitalism and communism are about to devour them, and they've got no where to flee! The judgments of God on their rebellion against Him and His son are beginning to fall! Their own monetary system is crashing with capitalism and will be wiped out by their own invention, communism! "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap!" (Gal.6:7)
15. SO WHEN THEY BEGIN TO HOWL AT US FOR EXPOSING THEIR PLANS and predicting their downfall, you've delivered God's Message‚ unburdened your soul and washed your hands of their blood and can quietly walk out and leave them to their fate! For God's sake, don't linger behind and suffer with them or from their cruel persecutions!
16. [AC]-RULED ENGLAND HAS NOW HAD MORE THAN HER SHARE OF OUR WARNINGS and is beginning to ban some of our literature, stop our litnessing‚ expel our prophets and persecute our disciples. Jesus said, "When they persecute you in one city, flee ye to another!—Ye shall not have gone over (even) all the cities of Israel before I come again!" (Mat.10:23)—So why waste time on those who don't want you and hate you and persecute you and make it difficult for you to witness any longer!
17. GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!—In "The Crash" when the British bulldog began to bite we first fled upstairs, but then left the building altogether and finally fled from the crumbling capitalistic system toward the South and East.—The time has come! Flee the city!—Or tomorrow may be too late! So many others need you!—Why not leave now?—Remember, I warned you! Leave now or you're going to be sorry! God help you to heed!