—MODecember 22‚ 1970NO.28—DO
THE REVELATION AND REASONS MO HAS TO LIVE IN SECLUSION TO ACCOMPLISH GOD'S PLAN OF WRITING GOD'S WORDS TO LEAD US ALL!
1. EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE BOY, I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY JESUS HAD TO GO AWAY. Why couldn't He have just stayed here with us after His Resurrection, personally? Wouldn't that have been a lot better? Why did He have to go away and leave us? And what did He mean He couldn't send the Comforter unless He went away? Why did He have to go away in order to send the Comforter—His Holy Spirit? Why couldn't He stay here and still give us His Holy Spirit?
2. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF THE GREATEST MYSTERIES in the Bible to me, and I never fully understood it until early this morning, when I was praying about you and your needs there—your need of my help, supervision, and instruction, counsel, and leadership, and I became so burdened about your desires for me to return, as expressed by some of you recently, that I actually began to consider the possibility of an early return—even before completing our mission—you seemed to be so much in need of my help there, and so yearning for it.
3. ONE THING LED TO ANOTHER. If you need me so much, I began to wonder, then why had I come? Why did I have to go in the first place? Was I right in leaving or not? Am I supposed to be here or not? Was it a mistake for me to leave you after all? Was I not needed more there? Couldn't someone else perhaps have done this task here, when you needed me so much there? Did I really have to go away? And if so, why?
4. AND SUDDENLY, THE COMFORTER HIMSELF BEGAN TO COMFORT MY OWN HEART with these words: "It is expedient for you that I go away, for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you, but if I depart, I will send Him unto you!" (Jn.16:7) And suddenly‚ I saw myself in vision seated at a table with a pen in hand. It was one of those ancient quill pens—you know the type—like a feather or a plume of some bird‚ such as you've seen in the pictures of the ancient prophets‚ and, as I was writing on the table before me, from my pen there shone rays of light in several directions.
5. ANYHOW‚ FIVE RAYS OF LIGHT WERE FLOWING FROM MY PEN TOWARD YOU—one ray toward each destination! And I'll never forget the peaceful‚ contented happy, pleased look I had on my face, so satisfied, a look of the feeling of fulfilment, accomplishment, the perfect peace of knowing you're in the Will of God—the kind of peace you can have in the midst of storm—or even at the stake—that "joy unspeakable and full of glory," of knowing you're doing the Will of God and accomplishing His purpose and pleasing Him. It was such a beautiful scene, such a satisfying scene. THE COMFORTER WAS COMFORTING MY OWN HEART WITH THE DEFINITE FEELING THAT ALL WAS WELL‚ GOING EXACTLY ACCORDING TO HIS PLAN—THAT WE WERE ACCOMPLISHING EXACTLY WHAT HE SENT US HERE FOR, that this is really what we came for! And this was really a rather surprising revelation, for though this has been a growing conviction, we had here now the confirmation of the witness of the Spirit in this supernatural revelation‚ this vision and the words of His Spirit—that THIS WAS REALLY WHY HE SENT US HERE, not only to survey the field, which almost any of you could have done, not only to sound out the possibilities and to gauge the opportunities and make plans for the future and the opening of new colonies around the world, to see and feel the need and get a burden for youth everywhere, to lift up our eyes and behold the harvest already white unto harvest, that we might obey the commandment and pray the Lord of the Harvest that He shall send forth labourers into His Harvest!—Not only for these reasons, but also for the same reason that the Early Church sent Paul to Tarsus for awhile, which you can study in Acts 9:28-31, if you wish. WE HAD ALSO HOPED TO GET A LITTLE LONG DELAYED WRITING DONE, many things which I had to say unto you which you were not able to bear while I was yet with you, BUT LITTLE DID WE REALISE THAT THIS WAS TO BECOME OUR MAIN MINISTRY WHILE PARTED FROM YOU, while abroad on these other missions!
6. BUT IN ONE FLASH OF REVELATION, IN THE COMFORTING OF HIS SPIRIT‚ THIS WAS CONFIRMED AND MADE CRYSTAL CLEAR to me this morning—that this was the main reason why I had to go away! "It is expedient for you" that the Spirit of Truth might guide you into all Truth—that His Spirit might use me to help you and guide you, not just in one colony, in person, nor even one at a time, but in all colonies, everywhere, at the same time, simultaneously, by these rays of light emanating from my pen, that all colonies might benefit equally and together from the truth that He is revealing to us and the revelations He has given us—that all might enjoy the light that He has revealed to us—that all might share it, fairly, equally‚ and without partiality, in the purity of His Spirit, in the clarity of His Truth, without the distraction of our personal presence and bodily personality.
7. IT WAS AS CLEAR AS A PICTURE!—In fact, it was a picture—a beautiful picture, that the Lord showed me, how that now you are all benefiting much more from my teachings than ever before. How that now you could all share them equally, much more than ever before‚ whereas while I was with you, I could only be in one place at a time, only minister to one Colony at a time, and spend most of my time ministering to one Colony at a time, while neglecting the others, so involved in the problems and needs of one, that I was almost ignoring the others. I was too close to one‚ and too far from the rest of you.
8. NOW I'M EQUIDISTANT FROM ALL OF YOU AND CLOSER TO ALL OF YOU IN SPIRIT than ever before, with more pure light flowing from my pen by His Spirit than ever before‚ more light for your pathway, more light to lead and guide you than I have ever given you before.—If you'll receive it! For I have more time now to spend alone with Him than ever before‚ to get a good connection without too much static or distraction—without too much interference or interruption.
9. ALONE WITH HIM, I CAN REALLY TUNE IN AND HEAR PLAINLY. I can really turn on by His Power and see clearly; and so completely drop out of it, that for hours His Spirit can flow in a steady, heavy stream, rich, deep, and wide‚ waters to swim in, pure and clear, and perfect for passing on to you, under ideal conditions of the prophet on the mountaintop, alone with God! A mountaintop of spiritual experience higher than I've ever known before‚ in richness, fullness, and clarity of view, with the best perspective I've ever had of the whole picture, God's picture, His plan, as well as you and your problems. I can see and understand them better at this distance in prayer and communion with Him, and get clearer more unbiased and impartial answers equally and fairly for you all, than I ever could when I was so closely involved with only one Colony and all of its multitudinous problems and infinite details.
10. I KNEW YOU COULD HANDLE THESE THINGS WITHOUT ME BY THE GUIDANCE OF HIS SPIRIT, AND THE GUIDELINES OF MY FORMER INSTRUCTION AND EXAMPLE because I knew it was of God, not of man—not merely my work, but His work—not my thing‚ but His Thing!—That if this thing were of man, it would come to naught, but because this thing is of God—God's Thing—no man can stand against it. I knew that, but you had to know it, but the only way you could find it out and be sure of it, was for me to step out of the picture, so you could watch God carry it on without my physical presence and guidance in person—just as the disciples had to find out on the Day of Pentecost—that though His body was gone from them, His Spirit was with them in greater power than ever before—and not just with them, but in them—part of them to show them that God could use them to do the job without Jesus' physical presence, because it was of God, not of man.
GOD'S SPIRITUAL COMMUNICATION SYSTEM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
11. AND HERE IS THE MYSTERY WHICH IS STILL A MYSTERY, but which God gave me such a simple little illustration of: that there is something peculiar and mysterious about God's communication system, so that Jesus had to be absent in body in order to be omnipresent in Spirit—present everywhere, in everyone: "For in the last days I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and daughters shall prophesy." (Joel 2:28) There is something mysteriously complicated about God's communication system that required Christ's personal presence at Headquarters—the Throne of the Father—the Broadcasting Centre—the Central Studio,—the Main Data Processing Centre—the Principal Communication Centre—the Main Telephone Exchange—something which required Christ's personal presence there to direct operations in order that everyone might be reached equally, fairly, and simultaneously, by His Power,—the communication of His Holy Spirit, that He might be everywhere at the same time, in the mighty power of His Spirit and His Truth within them—and not at just one place only with them!
12. "IT IS EXPEDIENT FOR YOU THAT I GO AWAY: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.
13. "I HAVE YET MANY THINGS TO SAY UNTO YOU, BUT YE CANNOT BEAR THEM NOW. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth!" (John 16:7,12,13a).
14. HE HAD TO LEAVE THE FEW THAT HE MIGHT SEND HIS SPIRIT TO THE MANY! He had to remove the pleasure of His bodily presence from the handful‚ in order that He might be with them in the Power of the presence of His own Holy Spirit—with all of them—with multitudes—with millions—yea‚ hundreds of millions through the ages—something He never could have done in person—bodily person—physical presence! For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2Cor.4:18) The world of the spiritual is so much more powerful; we can't even comprehend it!—And His communication system so intricate, tremendous, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent—all knowing‚ everywhere present, and all powerful, that our finite minds cannot even grasp it! All we can do is turn on our little receivers and tune in and get a charge out of it!
15. HE'S RIGHT HERE WITH ME NOW—IN ME—BUT HE'S JUST AS MUCH RIGHT THERE WITH YOU in you there—right now—at the same moment—in the same power—just as intimately and personally as He is here with me in me. You can enjoy Him just as much as I can, and I can thrill to His presence just as much as you can, and we can all enjoy Him together anywhere, everywhere, any time, all the time‚ in all His power and fullness—just as much for you as for me, and just as much for them as for us‚ and just as precious and sweet and intimate as for any—By His Spirit through His Words: "For the words that I speak unto you—they are Spirit and they are Life." (Jn.6:63) IN LIKE MANNER, AM I ALSO WITH YOU IN SPIRIT THROUGH THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU. They are my spirit and my life, by His Spirit and His Life—and if you will read them, study them, prayerfully, diligently, like you do His word, you will have more of me than you've ever had before. You will understand me better, know me more intimately, enjoy my fellowship more purely, than ever before—By His Spirit through these words! And the record will be there to remain for posterity—our spiritual children—to encourage, inspire, edify‚ instruct, rebuke, exhort, feed‚ comfort, lead and guide, as never before, in a way that would be impossible in person.
THE MO LETTERS LINK US WITH THE LORD, MO AND THE BODY OF CHRIST
16. THE RAYS FROM MY PEN WERE REACHING OUT TO ALL OF YOU AT ONCE, enlightening you all together, simultaneously, uniting you in one single blaze of glory of one mind and one heart, and of one spirit, through the miracle of this simple medium of communication—writing!—and the mails!
17. YES, "USE IT—DON'T KNOCK IT!" And if you see it you'll benefit by it—but if you neglect and ignore it—you'll suffer for it! Like His Word, it won't do you any good unless you read it—and even then—you must obey it to bear fruit.
18. EVEN SO WITH THESE EPISTLES FROM ME: if you are reading them, studying them, sharing them, praying over them, and following the light of their truth‚ you will be melted together in His Love, blended together in His truth, joined together as one body, fitly joined together according to His Word.
19. THIS IS THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURE THE LORD SHOWED ME, AND I KNOW IT'S TRUE—and you'd better believe it! This was the main reason He sent us away—so we could be more help to all of you in this ministry of His truth. You'd better appreciate it and take advantage of it and let these rays of light shine into your own heart, least ye be found wanting, and in darkness, when I come again. "For I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also." "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath My commandments‚ and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him."
20. "HE THAT LOVETH ME NOT KEEPETH NOT MY SAYINGS: and the Word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me." "But the Comforter‚ which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things‚ and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
21. "BUT WHEN THE COMFORTER IS COME, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning."
22. "BUT THESE THINGS HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT WHEN THE TIME SHALL COME‚ YE MAY REMEMBER that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you." "These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh‚ when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father." (John 14:2,3‚16–21,24,26; 15:26,27; 16:4‚25)
23. I HAD MANY THINGS TO SAY UNTO YOU, BUT YE COULD NOT BEAR THEM THEN; howbeit, now, the Spirit of this truth is coming to you and will guide you into all truth, and He will show you things to come. HE THAT HEARS MY WORDS AND RECEIVETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT RECEIVETH ME; but he that heareth not my words, neither receiveth them, receiveth neither me, nor the Father that sent me. FOR THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU ARE NOT MINE, BUT THE FATHER'S. HEAR YE HIM!