—2Sam.22:2—A Prayer for Deliverance! DO 2427 Compiled 3/88
(Compiled from the MO & Maria Letters by Apollos)
(Mama recently requested that a prayer of deliverance be compiled for the Family. This prayer can hopefully be a blessing to everyone who wants deliverance from any spiritual problems or spirits that may be hindering them. Although the following introduction to the prayer, as well as the prayer itself, have been taken from the Lord's Letters, all of the quotes in the prayer are now written in the first person, which means if the original quote read, "We resist the Devil & we command him to leave", it now reads, "I resist the Devil & I command him to leave!"—This makes it easier to apply it to yourself & to personally pray it as you read it. We love you & pray that this prayer will be a blessing & victory for you!)
WHY DO WE NEED DELIVERANCE?
1. I've always said, if you do things the right way, the Devil will fight you! If you never have any trouble or objections from the Ol' Boy, you must not be doing the job the Lord wants you to do!
2. We are one of the few outfits in the whole World who are really on the attack, invading the Devil's territory!—Attacking the very gates of Hell, & winning literally millions of souls for Christ's Kingdom of Light! Therefore Satan hates us & tries to attack us on every hand, & does everything he possibly can to try to hinder or stop us.
3. The biggest thing he tries to do to you personally is defeat you, hinder you, discourage you & do whatever he can to try to keep you from winning others.—Because he fears & knows that he's going to lose others from his clutches because of you & your witness! You've already gotten there, you're saved, born-again, the Lord's possession forever! You're a lost cause as far as the Enemy's concerned. But he knows he's going to lose others because of you. So what does he do about it?—He tries to hinder & stop you.
4. This is one of the main reasons why even born-again Christians who love the Lord are sometimes subject to evil spirits that are annoying them, pestering them, bothering them‚ lying to them & trying to distract them from the work the Lord has called them to. Let's face it, we've all had that experience at some time or other. Doesn't the Devil ever talk to you?—Of course he does! He lies to you, tries to get you discouraged, tries to get you down, tries to deceive.—Right? We've all had trials like that!
5. Look at all the trouble the Enemy caused poor ol' Saint Job! He destroyed his home, destroyed his cattle, all his wealth, he killed all his children‚ & then he made him so sick his wife urged him to curse God & die!—Job 2:9. Boy, I'll tell you, the Devil can cause you a lot of trouble! But it finally humbled Job, & God got a great victory out of seeming defeat.
6. Even Paul the Apostle, the great saint that he was, was buffeted, he said, by a messenger of Satan, which is what he called his thorn in the flesh.—2Cor.12:7. But he said it was definitely the Devil‚ an emissary of Satan, a "messenger of Satan" that caused him trouble. He still hadn't gotten rid of it at the time of his writing that. But I have an idea he probably got some brethren to pray for him‚ & so was delivered later on. Of course, he said that he'd prayed several times before writing that, but after openly facing his fears & his problem, & confessing that he was being buffeted like that, I don't doubt that once he confessed it publicly like that, & asked others to pray with him, that the Lord finally delivered him.
7. Even Jesus Himself was pestered & attacked by the Devil on occasion! He was carried out into the wilderness & tempted by Satan, & even His physical body was allowed to be put under the power of the Devil for a short time.—Imagine! The Devil was allowed to carry His physical body around & really test Him, attack Him! But under the attack He never yielded, but resisted the Enemy with the Word of God & refused to yield, until the Enemy saw Jesus wasn't going to give up, & then he gave up.
8. So if the Devil can even pester Jesus like that, certainly he or some of his little demons must work on you at times to pester you!—Especially if you are working hard for the Lord & doing a big job, don't you think the Devil's going to try to get you to stumble & fall & make mistakes so you don't accomplish all the Lord wants you to do?
9. So if you're having spiritual problems with the Enemy, for God's sake & God's Work sake & your own sake don't be ashamed to admit that you have a problem & that you need help! The worst thing in the World that you can possibly do is have pride, where you want to cover up your problem & won't honestly admit & confess that you need prayer! If you are unwilling to admit & confess that you have a problem (Jam.5:16), & really cry out desperately & sincerely for God to help you get rid of the Devil's pests, to shake them off, then you're doing just what the Enemy wants you to do, & you're in trouble!
10. To confess that you're being attacked, having trouble with the Enemy, doesn't mean you're demon–possessed!—It just means you're being annoyed‚ plagued by "messengers of Satan" just like Paul was! Such Satanic spooks are like flies or mosquitoes, they're pests & nuisances‚ & they are annoying, & they do sometimes delay or hinder us temporarily.—But we always get the victory over them in the long run if we turn to the Lord & His Word for help!—Especially if we humble ourselves & ask for united desperate prayer!
11. It's sort of like having an evil boarder in your house! He's not in control of the house, but he causes you trouble & annoyance & you don't like him. You may have even told him to leave several times, but he won't leave. So finally, by the authority & the law—in our case, the Word & the Name of Jesus—you can literally throw him out!—And that's what this lesson & prayer are all about, how you can overcome, get rid of & be delivered from the Enemy & his devices!
"I GIVE YOU POWER OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY!"—Luke 10:19
12. Jesus said, "All power is given unto Me in Heaven & in Earth!"—Mat.28:18. And if you have Jesus, you have His power!—So even the demons & devils of Hell are subject unto you‚ & they have to do what you tell them to do!—As the disciples exclaimed, "Even the devils are subject unto us!"—Lk.10:17.
13. "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the World!" (1Jn.4:4), & our God is certainly much bigger than any devil! So it is very important that you know what your rights are in the Lord, & what your authority is, & how to handle these matters, & how to rebuke them by name!
14. You have absolute power over them, & they have to obey what you order them to do in the Name of Jesus! They have to! So you need to recognise & take the definite authority that God has given you through His Word, & rebuke the Enemy in Jesus' name & command him to go, & he will! The demons & evil spirits are subject to you, they have no free will of their own, they cannot do as they please. They have to do what you tell them to do in Jesus' name, & to get the Hell out of here!
15. All the devils of Hell, including Satan himself, are subject to your power because you have the power of Christ! You can tell him where to get off or go jump in the lake or dive off the deep end! Martin Luther got so angry at the Devil one time that he even threw an ink well‚ a bottle of ink at him, but he missed him & it splattered all over the wall!—Because the Devil is a spirit‚ & you can't very well hit an evil spirit with a bottle of ink!
16. The only thing you can hit him with is a bottle of the Word of God! You're the bottle, & out of your mouth you can pour forth the Word of God! You can sock it to him out of your bottle, out of the fullness of your heart, your mouth that speaks the Word of God, & that really splatters him! He really doesn't like that at all, it really messes him up, & he turns tail & runs!
"WE ARE NOT IGNORANT OF HIS DEVICES!"—2 CORINTHIANS 2:11
17. God's Word tells us not to be ignorant of the Devil's devices, so although I don't even like to talk about it & I'd rather emphasise the positive, you need to be able to recognise the Enemy & his wiles so you can fight & overcome him! The Lord is very concerned that you understand these things & that you know how to deal with them, & that you be enlightened on this subject so that you can face down the Devil & his demons & resist them & cast them out & rebuke them & drive them away & get rid of their annoyances & pestering & afflictions!
18. So what are "Devil's devices", how does he try to hinder us, stop us, slow us down etc.? Here are a few of his most common wiles:
19. He can often play strongly on our weaknesses, frailties or besetting sins, & can even empower them & constantly tempt us with them.
20. For example, some people can have a spirit of worry or nervousness that seems to pester them, & that's a form of fear, which is not of God at all!—"For God has not given us the spirit of fear‚ but of power & of love & of a sound mind!"—2Tim.1:7. Such oppressive spirits can cause doubt, discouragement‚ worry etc.
21. They put thoughts in people's heads & inspire them to say or do things which they shouldn't. They're not in full possession, but some Christians, not even realising it's the Devil talking to them & hindering them, obey such impulses, & if that habit keeps up they can wind up in total defeat to where they're obeying the Enemy & listening to him instead of the Lord!—It's pitiful that Christians who know & love the Lord can wind up hosting such pests for years, being annoyed & pestered & oppressed & spiritually handicapped by them without even recognising & rebuking them!
22. The Devil likes to play on our weaknesses‚ especially if he can find a motivation for it, some sin or unyieldedness in our mind or heart that will give his doubts or fears a little extra push‚ knowing that we would like to believe that doubt or sort of enjoy having that fear or harbouring that resentment, bitterness, murmuring or whatever it is. He tries to influence your mind or your spirit to accept his thoughts, his doubts & complaints, to get you agreeing with him instead of fighting him & resisting him & realising how much he's influencing you!
23. If people insist on hanging on to their pride or their jealousy or their selfishness or whatever their particular weakness is, they can pray & rebuke the Devil till they're blue in the face‚ but they're still not going to get the victory!—Because unyielded sin in the heart or life is an open door, an invitation for the evil spirits to return. The first requirement for victory is‚ "Submit yourself to God!"—Then you have the power to "resist the Devil" & make him flee!—Jam.4:7.
24. Another means by which the Enemy often attacks people is by plaguing them with familiar spirits from their past.—Like the story I've frequently told of Mr. Machowski & that evil spirit, Tom, who continued to plague him even after he got saved. It no longer possessed him, but it annoyed him from the outside, oppression, not possession. It wasn't until Machowski finally opposed it & fought back & definitely commanded Tom to depart in the Name of Jesus that he finally got the victory.
25. Sometimes people drag a few husks from the swine pit of their former lives with them when they come to the Lord. We all have a problem with some things from our old life or our past or the old self which we still have a battle with.—But those who have been involved in any kind of actual demonism, spiritism or witchcraft, Devil worship or any kind of meddling with the Devil & evil, perverse spirits before they were saved, this is sometimes a very hard thing to shake.
26. Such cases who have come out of the occult or out of any kind of spiritual dabbling or involvement with the Enemy have to baptise themselves continually in prayer, soak themselves in the Word, memorise & quote Scriptures constantly to the Devil & to themselves. They have to wage a militant warfare against the Enemy! Now we all have to do this to a certain extent, but it's not quite the same.
27. Those who have been involved in that sort of thing, who have once been a channel for the Enemy, they often tend to sort of carry those things with them‚ unless they really have strong faith & can really fight them!—Which usually requires desperate united prayer, a full baptism of the Holy Spirit, & a constant militant warfare waged against the Enemy with the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God! The only way to get a total victory over such past influences is to be honest, confess it, name it, attack it, fight it & defeat it!
28. Another source of demonic trouble can come from people, those who are in tune with the Devil who may curse or despise us, & thereby literally be praying to the Devil & sending hindering spirits or demons to bother us! It's the Devil's own spirits that do the dirty work, sent by Satan at the behest of a devoted follower of his. There are people alive today who hate us & are already under the control of the Devil who are trying to fight us not only physically but spiritually.—And when such anti–God enemies die, they go into the Spirit World, continuing to serve the Devil in the spirit, & therefore can continue to try to fight & hinder you from the Spirit Realm!
29. So if you're being hindered or attacked by the Enemy, it's important to try to find out who is influencing you in the spirit! It could very well be an anti-Christ‚ anti-God relative or somebody from the past who knows you & would be interested in your defeat‚ someone who has a grudge against you & what you're doing for the Lord. You've got to recognise such things & attack them head-on, & ask the Lord to give you the victory over it, & then resist those influences!
30. So when people pray for deliverance, they not only need to pray for deliverance from the Devil & his evil spirits, but sometimes they need to also pray against some of the people who are behind them, backing them, & sending their curses by means of those little devils!—Get at the root of the problem! We not only need to fight the Devil, but the Devil's people as well, or at least pray that God will fight them & curse them in Jesus' name! You can only "Bless them that curse you" (Mat.5:44), for so long—then you have to start cursing them before they cause you any more trouble! PTL!
31. Whatever the "device" that the Devil is using to try to defeat you, it's important to try to discern & determine what kind of spirit or demon it is! In one case, Jesus demanded‚ "What is thy name?" And the devils answered, "Legion, for we are many!"—Mk.5:9. Many faith healers & exorcists have said that it's important to be able to name & expose the spirit by name, that it's the most effective way to exorcise them. So try to identify them if possible.—But even if you don't know exactly who or what they are, the Lord knows, & He will deliver you from every device of the Devil if you desperately pray, believe His Word & cry out to Him for deliverance!
YOUR WORST ENEMY!
32. Of course, you can't blame all of your troubles & problems on the Devil!—Usually he couldn't touch you if it weren't for your own spirit that lets him in & lets him cause you trouble! The spirit you have the most trouble with is not evil spirits, it's your own spirit! That's the one that hasn't usually been conquered yet, & the one that still has free will & free choice to do as it pleases.
33. The evil spirits are subject unto us. It's your own spirit that's often not as subject as it should be‚ that's the one you have the most trouble with! It's your own spirit that's still not conquered if you don't yield it completely to the Lord. I remember in our old Soul Clinic schools we used to have people complaining about evil spirits & demons & devils, "Oh‚ the Devil did this, & the Devil did that & he caused me this trouble & he was the one that delayed me & I have so much trouble with the Devil!" I'd say‚ "Stop it!—Your problem isn't the Devil! It's your own God-damned spirit that you have the most trouble with, not evil spirits! Your own evil spirit is the one that gives you the most trouble—you!"
34. Our number one problem is usually ourselves! Our number two problem is usually others, & our number three problem is usually spirits. You are your own worst Enemy!—And the only way you're ever going to conquer your own spirit, is not to try to conquer it, but to let Jesus conquer it! He's your own best Friend, & the key to getting spiritual victories is to yield yourself completely to Him!
35. Whether or not you get the victory over your problems is up to you! The main one that can get rid of the Devil is you, if you'll just put your will on God's side, resist the Enemy, resist & rebuke him! But as long as there's one little dark unyielded corner of your life that you're not willing to yield to the Lord, just one little part where the Enemy can get in at you there, like the camel's nose, he will use that one little thing to defeat you.
36. It's hard enough to fight the Devil without having to fight God too!—And that's often why we have to fight the Devil so much, because we're fighting God & the Truth as well! But if we're willing to do whatever God requires, & are yielded to Him, & make the decision that we want to be delivered, without reservations, then He never fails & always delivers!
37. But if you don't want to be delivered & your own will refuses to submit to the Lord, then the Devil has got you in a real bind. You can get the victory if you want to, if you choose to, because God's got it for you. There are oodles of promises on it, so there's absolutely no excuse for not getting the victory. The choice is up to you & your own will & spirit.—Not God or the Devil!
ATTACK! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!!
38. Once you've decided that you want the victory & you've put your will on God's side, then you've got to go on the attack & really be militant about it & resist the Enemy‚ & God's Word says, "He will flee from thee!"—Jam.4:7. That doesn't mean lying down & letting him walk all over you, it means facing him, attacking him & resisting him in the power of God's Spirit!
39. If you face & fight the Devil, he knows you'll win! If you fight, he knows you cannot lose & he cannot win, so he tries to scare you or discourage you into giving up the fight, to persuade you into surrendering. He tries to convince you to quit & wave the white flag of sickening surrender!—And if you stop fighting, you're giving the Devil the victory & you are finished!
40. So there's only one way to handle the Enemy, & that's to declare all-out war on him, & run him right out of the woods! The God-damned Devil is a coward, & if you face him down & resist him, he'll run every time! The Lord says, "When the Enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of God will raise a Standard against him!"—Isa.59:19. What's the Standard?—The Bible, the Word of God! It's the Standard, the banner that you wave in front of the Devil's sharp pointed nose, & there's nothing that scares him like the Word! He can't take it‚ he can't stand the Word of God!
41. The Devil is a liar & the father of lies (Jn.8:44), & he can't take the truth of God's Word! So take up that white-hot Sword of the Spirit & cut the Devil to the heart!—Whack away! Quote Scriptures like Jesus did!—"It is written!"—Mat.4:1-10.
42. The only kind of business you can do with the Devil is against him, to fight him, curse him, curse his work & ask God to rebuke him & deliver you! "Give no place to the Devil!"—Eph.4:27. I have no patience with him at all, he just makes me mad & I want to blow him away!
43. I hate the Enemy with a perfect hatred!—Psa.139:22. I love to fight him!—As a strong man that loves to run a race, & a strong man that rejoiceth & shouteth by reason of wine, as a knight that loves the fray & arouseth himself to fight the enemy! I like to hit him head–on, & rebuke him in the Name of Jesus & the power of the Spirit, & get rid of him! Hallelujah!
44. It's not enough to meekly mutter & quote Scriptures! You've got to really fight, resist & rebuke him!—That's a big part of getting deliverance! Granted, sometimes simply believing & claiming the Word is enough, with little problems that don't bother us too much. But in difficult cases, big cases‚ you've got to really fight the Enemy! Jesus made a difference in cases when He said about one demon that His disciples were unable to cast out, "This kind cometh not out but by prayer & fasting."—Mat.17:21. In other words, some require more effort than others.
45. So if you really want deliverance, you're going to have to really fight back & "stir yourself up" (Isa.64:7) to really want the victory. It's not just a matter of saying a little prayer, but it's stirring up your spirit, stirring up yourself, asking the Lord to make you desperate to get the victory, to want to fight! You can read & say the words of the following prayer, but if you really want the victory over genuine spiritual problems & spiritual battles, you've got to have an attitude of desperation, of a stirred-up spirit that's on the attack! You've got to have that attitude in your heart!—Not just read & pray & shout at the Enemy‚ which is a good thing to do, but you've got to really feel it & believe it & be on the attack, not lethargic or lukewarm! (Tongues help!)
46. You've got to sock it to the Enemy & overcome the barriers that he tries to put in your path to keep you from getting the victory & blessing & deliverance that God has for you! You've got to be militant & aggressive & really sock it to him! You can't have an attitude of, "Oh, what a weariness‚ another fight with the Devil!" You've got to be challenged & you've got to be thankful for the battle because you know you're going to win the victory! Hallelujah!
47. So if you need & want a deliverance from any deep–seated spiritual problems, demonic influences or Devil's pests, then get rid of them now by stirring yourself up & launching a direct attack! Be specific & even name the demon or the vices or weaknesses that the Enemy is using to tempt, weaken or defeat you‚ if possible, & command the Enemy to depart in Jesus' name!—And he will!
48. Pray fervently against anything & everything that could possibly be a foothold of the Enemy: Pride, self-righteousness, rebellion, criticism, selfishness, anger, jealousy, or whatever "devices" the Enemy is using to hinder your effectiveness for the Lord! It's better to have prayer against any spirits that could be bothering you, just in case, even if there aren't any! So even if you don't know exactly what's bothering you, it's better to go all-out & assume the worst & in Jesus' Name get rid of anything that might be there!
A PRAYER OF DELIVERANCE!
49. (While reading & praying the following prayer, please bear in mind that it is a general prayer of deliverance, & does not necessarily cover every specific need or area that you may want to personally pray for or against. Nevertheless, Dad's fervent prayers & all-out attacks against the Enemy can certainly serve as an inspiration & good example for you‚ & can at least get you headed in the right direction, & as you read & pray this prayer you can make your own specific personal requests as you need to or feel led. For example, when the prayer is rebuking any bad spirits or evil influences from the past, or any ungodly relatives who have passed on into the Spirit Realm & may be troubling you‚ that would be a good place for you to specifically pray against any particular individuals who may be bothering you. And when the prayer is rebuking pride & self-righteousness, it would be a good place for you to specifically pray against any other vices that you may be battling with.)
50. (Prayer:) Lord Jesus, You promised in Your Word that "I can seek You & find You when I search for You with all my heart!" (Jer.29:13) So Lord, I now cry out to You with a whole heart, & I ask You to please hear my prayer & give me the deliverance I seek! You said, "They looked unto Him & were lightened, & their faces were not ashamed.—This poor man cried & the Lord heard him & saved him out of all his troubles!"—Psa.34:5,6.
51. Lord‚ You told us to "Submit ourselves to God‚ resist the Devil, & he will flee from us!" Jesus, I now submit myself to You! Please forgive me for any & all unyieldedness, unwillingness, hardness of heart or resistance to You & Your Spirit! I ask You, Lord, to please "Create in me a clean heart, O God; & renew a right spirit within me!"—Psa.51:10.
52. I can't do it myself, I can't get the victory, without You I can do nothing! But "I can do all things through You, Lord, Who strengtheneth me!" (Jn.15:5; Phil.4:13) So I present myself to You now, Lord Jesus, my all, & I ask You to empower me & cleanse me from everything & anything that is not of You!—I don't want anything that's not of You‚ Jesus! I just want You‚ Jesus!
53. I rebuke & resist you‚ Devil, in Jesus' name! God damn you, Satan, get out of here! I'm the Lord's child, I belong solely to Him! There's no foothold for you here, in Jesus' name! I will not tolerate it, I will have "no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness!" (Eph.5:11) Depart from me, Satan! I rebuke you in the Name of Jesus!
54. Lord Jesus‚ You said that when the Enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of God will raise a Standard against him! (Isa.59:19) But You also said that we should do our part. You said, "Resist the Enemy & he shall flee from thee!" (Jam.4:7) I'm not just being passive, Lord, expecting You to do it all—I am here & now, "Fighting the good fight of faith!—Resisting my adversary the Devil!" And trusting You, Lord Jesus, to deliver me from him & all of his devices!—1Tim.6:12; 1Pet.5:9.
55. Give the victory, Lord, in Jesus' name! I rebuke you, Satan! God damn you, Devil, in the Name of Jesus! You promised, Lord Jesus‚ that "whatsoever we would bind on Earth would be bound in Heaven!" (Mat.18:18)—So I bind all the power of the Devil right now & I command him to get out, to get away from me‚ from this house, from this property, from this neighbourhood, never to return, in Jesus' name!
56. I know that You are the Victor, Jesus! "For this purpose was the Son of God manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil!" (1Jn.3:8), & You have defeated the Devil already! Satan trembles when he sees even the weakest saint upon his knees!—So even though I'm weak & helpless & have no power of my own, "Greater are You (Jesus) within me than He (Satan) which is within the World."—1Jn.4:4. I have You, Jesus, so I ask You to rebuke & drive away the God-damned Devil & any & all of his imps!
57. God damn you little devils in Jesus' name! I defeat you in the Name of Jesus Christ! I curse you in the Name of Jesus Christ! I resist you in the Name of Jesus Christ! In Jesus' name I command you to depart, in the Name of Jesus I command you to depart‚ I resist you in the Name of Jesus!
58. I rebuke you‚ evil spirits, whoever or whatever you are, in Jesus' name! In the Name of Jesus! "The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, & will preserve me unto His Heavenly Kingdom! And He Who hath begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ!" (2Tim.4:18; Phil.1:6)—So get out of here, Devil! I don't want anything to do with you, & I resist you, Satan, in Jesus' name!
59. Lord Jesus, deliver me from every device of the Devil, from all of his evil machinations! For Thou, O Lord, hast not given me a spirit of fear, but of power & of love & of a sound mind! For perfect love casts out all fear‚ so I ask You to cast out & remove every influence of the Devil, in Jesus' name! Amen! (2Tim.1:7; 1Jn.4:18)
60. Destroy the power of the Devil‚ Lord Jesus, whatever influence he has had, any hangovers or remnants of his power or influence‚ I ask You to remove & destroy it in Jesus' name! Cast it out & cast it away from here & get rid of it, Lord, forever! Praise You Lord! Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus!
61. Please help me & deliver me‚ Lord Jesus!—I'm so weak, but I call unto You & ask You to be strong in & for me! "For when I am weak, then am I strong, for Your strength is made perfect in my weakness! For we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God & not of us!"—2Cor.12.9:10; 4:7. Show Thy power, Lord, Thy excellency & Thy strength, in Jesus' name!
62. Help me to hold back nothing from Thee, nothing in reserve, nothing which is displeasing to Thee or distasteful in Thy sight!—Help there to be nothing which is unrepented of or unyielded! Jesus, Jesus! Deliver me from any dark corners of my life that I've held back from You! Forgive me for my past unyieldedness, & help me to now lay my all on the altar before You, in Jesus' name!
63. Jesus, I want to be willing & yielded, because You can only fill empty vessels that are thirsty for the water of life, for Your Spirit! Help me to be empty‚ with no will of my own, no thoughts or ideas of my own, but just willing to receive whatever You have for me!—To be broken & remade & yielded completely to whatever You want to do with me‚ Lord, whatever it is! Help me, Jesus!
64. And if there are any bad spirits or evil influences from my past life, I resist & rebuke them in the Name of Jesus Christ! Deliver me, Lord Jesus! I also rebuke any ancestors, relatives, former friends or foes who may have sent any curses my way by means of any little devils! Curse those that curse me, Lord Jesus, & turn their curses upon their own heads! (Psa.70:3) Protect me & deliver me from their evil influence, from their bitterness, from their hate, from their curses!—And if there is anyone who has died & passed into the Spirit World who is attacking or fighting or hindering me, I resist them & curse them & rebuke them & bind them in Jesus' name, amen!—Send any such wicked spirits to Hell where they belong, Lord, in Jesus' name!
65. Strengthen me, O Lord, with Thy Word & the Sword of Thy Spirit that I may be able to really fight the Enemy! Help me, Jesus, to fight the Enemy, to resist him so he will flee with all of his temptations & all of his lies!
66. I rebuke you, Satan, in Jesus' name‚ you evil devourer & destroyer! I rebuke you, you God-damned devourer and liar! I hate you, Devil! I hate you, Satan! I hate you! I rebuke you in the Name of Jesus! I curse you in the Name of Jesus! I command you to depart from me and these premises‚ never to return, in the Name of Jesus!
67. I refuse to worry, fret or fear anymore, because I love & am trusting You, Jesus!—I know You love me, Jesus! I know You hear me‚ Jesus!—And I know Your Love, Your power, Your strength & Your Spirit is so much stronger & greater than anything the Devil can muster! Deliver me, Lord, from all of the Devil's doubts & fears & lies‚ & help me to trust in You with all of my heart! Hallelujah!
68. Deliver me also from pride & self-righteousness, Lord! I resist & rebuke any demons of pride, in Jesus' name! You said, "Let not a man think more highly of himself than he ought to think" (Rom.12:3)‚ not to be lifted up in pride as a novice‚ & You warned us that pride comes before a fall! So Jesus, please deliver me from the horrible besetting sin of pride, so I can be useful to You & Your Kingdom!—A humble, willing, yielded, obedient servant & tool in Your hands!
69. Help me, Lord Jesus, not to be rebellious & stubborn & self-willed, like the horse or like the ox, which have no understanding, which have to be turned about by bit & bridle, & even then they kick against the goads & the pricks & the conviction of Thy Holy Spirit! (Psa.32:9) Help me, Lord, to surrender my all to You! You said, "Whosoever shall fall upon this Stone shall be broken." (Mat.21:44)—So help me to truly fall upon You, to cast my all upon You‚ Jesus, so that You can break & remake me into the vessel You want me to be for Your glory!
70. Lord, You said, "Ye that love the Lord hate evil! (Psa.97:10)—So help me‚ Jesus, to love You with all of my heart, & to recognise, confess, forsake & hate every sin & snare with which the Enemy would try to trap & ensnare me! "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty" (2Cor.3:17), so please set me free, Jesus!
71. Help me‚ Lord, not to surrender one inch of the victory You have for me to the Devil‚ not one inch of Thy blessing! Help me to lean on You & look to You for help, to trust You for complete deliverance, Lord, for Thy glory & for Thy name's sake & Thy Word's sake!
72. Thank You Jesus for these battles which are making me strong! Thank You for the opportunities You have given me to get real close to You, Lord, to get desperate with You & to lean on You when I see that I can't do it. The battles are greater than I am, Lord, but You are greater than they are!
73. I know You have the victory for me, Jesus, & that as I surrender to Thee, the Enemy can't have the victory, he can't have me or my usefulness or anything about me‚ any part of me, because You are standing there, Lord Jesus, just like You told Peter, & praying for me that my faith fail not! (Lk.22:31,32)—You're strengthening me so that I in turn can strengthen others, & comfort others with the comfort wherewith I have been comforted (2Cor.1:4), thank You Jesus!
74. Lord Jesus, You said, "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!" (Jam.5:16)—I know I'm not very righteous, but I'm depending on Your righteousness & praying for the right things, & I've stirred myself to call upon You, so according to Your Word, You have got to answer, in Jesus' name! Thank You, Lord, that You are the victory, Jesus! Hallelujah!—In Jesus' name, amen! Thank You Jesus! Thank You Lord for the victory‚ the victory over sin & Satan & all of my problems! Hallelujah!
75. I ask You, Lord Jesus, for a "renewing of the Holy Ghost!" (Tit.3:5) Please refill me now with Thy Spirit of Love, Thy Holy Spirit, Thy mighty power that can completely burn out all of the Devil's old circuitry‚ & rewire my mind & heart so I can be truly "renewed in the spirit of my mind!" (Eph.4:23) I can't change or become a new creature by my own power or will, but I know You can do it! "Not by my might‚ nor by my power, but by Thy Spirit, Lord!" (Zec.4:6)—So please fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit right now, in Jesus' name I ask! TYJ! PTL!
76. If Thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared!" (Psa.130:3‚4)—Thank You for Your forgiveness & Your mercy to me‚ Jesus, for hearing my prayer & continuing to show me Thy mercy!
77. "Hear my cry, O God; & attend unto my prayer! From the end of the Earth will I cry unto Thee. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I! For Thou hast been a shelter to me, & a strong tower from the Enemy! I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings!" (Psa.61:1-4) TYJ!
78. Thank You Lord that "You have not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the Heaven is high above the Earth, so great is Thy mercy toward them that fear Thee. As far as the East is from the West, so far have You removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so You pity them that fear You. For You know our frame; You remember that we are dust!"—Thank You Jesus for Your mercies!—Psa.103:10-14.
79. Thank You Lord for Thy Words to cleanse & heal us! You said, "You sent Your Word & healed them, & delivered them from their destructions!" (Psa.107:20) Thank You Lord for Thy Word & its power which frees us from the snares of the Enemy!
80. I know that Thou art the Victor, Jesus, & I cannot lose as long as I lean upon Thee! As long as I keep fighting, it is impossible to lose! So help me, Lord, not to give up, not to quit, but to keep fighting & keep winning greater victories for Thy glory!—In Jesus' name!
81. Help me‚ Lord, not to give up the fight‚ not to give up the battle, especially when it gets hot, Lord, & the Enemy's doing his best to stop me & discourage me & depress me & cause me to quit! That's exactly what he wants me to do, so help me to resist him & to "fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on Eternal Life", & follow Thee till the End!—1Tim.6:12.
82. "Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing! Were not the right Man on our side, the Man of God's Own choosing!—Dost ask Who this may be? Christ Jesus, it is He! Lord Sabbaoth, His name, from age to age the same, & He must win the battle!" PTL! TYJ!
83. I cannot strive & trust in my own strength—I must look to You, Lord, & You must win the battle! So help me to trust You‚ to keep my heart right with You & to follow You closer than ever before‚ in Jesus' name! Keep me close to You, Lord‚ in Your Will, obedient, following moment by moment! Every moment keep my heart right with You, Jesus, my motives right, my will right & everything right with You! Hallelujah!
84. "Search me, O God, & know my heart: Try me & know my thoughts: & see if there be any wicked way in me, & lead me in the way everlasting! Who can understand his errors?—Cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: Then shall I be upright‚ & I shall be innocent from the great transgression. And let the words of my mouth & the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength & my Redeemer!" (Psa.139:23,24; 19:12-14)—In Jesus' name, amen!
85. Remember, the Devil really hates to lose ground, & once he has lost any territory, he often attempts to sneak back in & try to regain it. So keep praying & trusting the Lord to protect you & deliver you & give the complete victory you've asked Him for!—And He will!—If you keep fighting!
86. Don't be like the man whose house was swept & garnished after the evil spirit was cast out!—He didn't keep progressing from there, he didn't fill it up with the Holy Spirit & the Word & something better & get busy serving & doing good works for the Lord. So the evil spirit brought back more evil spirits even worse than himself, & they entered into the man again because he was empty & not filled with the Lord & the Word & the Lord's Work!—And "his last state was worse than the first!"—Mat.12:43-45.
87. He didn't move in the demon's arch-Enemy, the Holy Spirit, to fill up his house & take over to keep out the unwanted intruders!—So for God's sake & your sake, fill your mind & heart with the Word of God, & you won't have room for the Devil's darkness! Fill your mind with the Light of God's Word & the darkness will flee of itself!—Amen? PTL!—Keep fighting, & the Enemy'll keep fleeing!
88. The 'ol Devil can't resist Scripture, the Word, that's the most powerful weapon you've got!—So quote it out loud, sing it, shout it & praise & thank the Lord for all His goodness! Then get busy working for the Lord & helping others! Idleness is the Devil's workshop! So defeat & drive him away by quoting Scripture‚ by praising the Lord & by good, positive‚ active work for Jesus!
89. And don't forget, no matter how you feel after a prayer of deliverance, it doesn't really make any difference! You have to keep believing & praising & thanking the Lord whether you feel delivered or not!—Because your praise is a sign that you really believe the Lord has given you the victory!—Praise is the voice of faith!—And "faith is the victory that overcometh the World, & without faith it is impossible to please Him!" (1Jn.5:4; Heb.11:6) So take the victory that the Lord's given you by faith, thank Him for it by faith, & then walk by faith! (2Cor.5:7) PTL! God bless & keep you fighting & going on to greater victories for Jesus!—In Jesus' name, amen!