(From a Tape to the "Heaven's Girl" Team:)
1. HI, BOYS! I'VE GOT SOME THINGS TO TELL YOU THAT I JUST COULDN'T HOLD! The kids are just thrilled about this Story, everybody is really thrilled & excited!—I am too! It's getting more exciting all the time & I'm thinking of more things all the time!
2. I LOVED YOUR NEW PICTURES, EMAN, THEY'RE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! You've really got a gift for female figures, you really have got it! I always did think so, but you sure have! On some of these I'd caution you about making her legs a little too long. We had that problem once before in the first series, so kind of watch that, will you, Son? All the rest of them seem to be okay & are just absolutely gorgeous, beautiful! She's a rather small girl, so don't make her legs those model-lengths like they do in some of those couturier pictures, we don't want her to be too tall & skinny.
3. I LOVE THE NEW "THUMP" PICTURE WHERE SHE LANDS ON THE LION'S BACK! I hope you didn't mind my moving her over a little bit. I realise you were having her sort of bumped off & he was leaping up, but I thought the scene of her actually landing on his back was even more striking! We can consider that she has landed with a "thump!" so he jumps up & is in the process of bumping her off. That's logical! So I love every one of them, they're just terrific, I just can't say enough! I'm just thrilled! You guys did a bang–up job in such a hurry‚ it's terrific!
4. YOU REALLY ARE INSPIRED, SON, IT'S A GIFT! I think you've got a special gift for feminine figures, you always have! I always loved your girls, & I'm falling in love with this one! Thanks for all your thanks‚ but I couldn't do a thing without you guys or get anywhere‚ or without your overseer either, to shepherd & guide you, GBH!
5. YOUR NEW PICTURES, SON, ARE JUST ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I would like you to start putting them into a kind of a little album as you get new ideas & new inspirations, new visions of loveliness & situations. I know how it is if you're inspired‚ in your spare time you may want to sketch a little here or there, go to bed with her or whatever. I'll tell you‚ I think I'd be willing to sit up all night drawing pictures of her! Now don't lose your rest, but she's really gorgeous & inspired & if you want to do some of these extras like this in your spare time‚ go ahead.
6. YOU CAN MAKE UP A LITTLE ALBUM & OUR WEAVER OF TALES CAN WEAVE'M RIGHT INTO HIS WEB! You may have some inspirations of scenes & pictures that will really fit the Story & which he can sort of wind around a few of them. His pictures can even give you ideas! So if you get pictures, go ahead & sketch'm—very sketchy, you don't have to spend too much time on'm—just light rough sketches for ideas & suggestions for the Story. And I'm going to keep coming up with new ideas too, I hope you don't mind!—Because some of them might temporarily upset the apple cart!
7. I LOVE YOUR PICTURE OF HER IN FORMAL EVENING GOWN!
9. We don't want to violate any laws & create any offenses that we don't have to. It's a shame that the System doesn't appreciate God's Creation & His normal functions a little bit more. They're so God-damned afraid to reveal them, when it's one of the most natural, wonderful things in the World, his Own Creation! But anyhow, we're going to have to be a little bit careful.
10. I THINK WE CAN GET AWAY WITH ALL OF THESE BEAUTIFULLY AS LONG AS THEY'RE REAL ART.
11. SO I LOVE'M! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. I remember how you used to draw your heroines resembling your latest flames! That's okay, I didn't mind. They were beautiful, God bless you, terrific, & you've always been my favourite when it comes to those female figures! You've really got it! GBY!
THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE!
12. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER YOU EVER READ FOX'S BOOK OF MARTYRS OR NOT, THAT GORY THING! It's a very famous classic more or less documenting the various tortures of the Saints down through the ages, all of those which are not in the Bible but are in recorded history, & he describes them in juicy gory details! It was a classic for the Reformation, of course, because a lot of them were anti–Roman Catholic. Of course he started off with some of the early Roman persecutions & their forms of torture, etc.
13. BUT SOMETHING CAME TO ME, it really hit me that it just seems to come natural & I think we'd really be missing something if we didn't add this to the Story. You can correct me if you think I'm wrong & if you think this is too much... Lord help me to get up the courage to tell you!
15. THIS WAS A VERY COMMON THING WITH GIRL CHRISTIAN MARTYRS, common with the Romans & common with the Roman Catholics later. They figured it was their prerogative & privilege to torture these Saints all they could.
25. It's historical! It happened many times & occurred several times in Fox's Book of Martyrs, where they had to suffer such abuse & use, usually by the very soldiers who had been commissioned to either crucify'm or burn'm at the stake or execute them in some way!
40. THIS SORT OF THING HAS HAPPENED TIME & TIME AGAIN BY CHRISTIANS' TESTIMONY IN THEIR LAST HOURS OR BEFORE THEIR EXECUTION, THAT THEY HAVE WON HEARTS! Remember the story about the Christians on the ice floe? Their example of being willing to die for their faith won the heart of that Russian soldier!
43. WHICH BRINGS ME TO REMIND YOU, APOLLOS, YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE ARMY, BUT A SOLDIER IS SELDOM ON LONE GUARD DUTY, THEY'RE USUALLY IN TWOS. Maybe that's complicating things, & if it complicates it too much, forget it! But why couldn't she have won two hearts instead of just one? If it's going to change the story too much or any of the pictures, forget it! But I'm just telling you from army experience that that's the custom on sentry duty or guard duty of any kind, it's almost always two men—for the same reason we always send people out two-by-two. If one fails, the other can hold the fort!—Especially if they're challenged. It's just a common situation.
45. THROWING HER INTO THE LIONS IS LIKE THE GUYS THROWING IN DANIEL, THEY WERE TAKEN OFF THE HOOK because they just did what they were told to do. If then she escapes by a miracle & maybe two or three of them decide to join her on her way out instead of recapturing her, what a miracle! That's the biggest miracle of all! That's what these miracles are for, as witnesses & testimonies! They want to go with her & have what she's got, that kind of love & peace in the face of death.
46. WOULDN'T THAT MAKE A TERRIFIC WITNESS & REASON WHY SHE'S WON 2 OR 3 OF THEIR HEARTS TO GO WITH HER? When they catch her fleeing, they decide they're going to join her! And maybe they can pretend to be her guards as they lead her past sentry posts or whatever & get her out on their own, with some fictional story that, "Well, somebody's been delayed" or blah blah.—Or maybe they all climb over the back fence, whichever way you want to do it or whatever way you've already got it figured out. Don't let me change your story too much.
47. MAYBE SHE'LL BUMP INTO SOME OF THESE GUYS SOMETIME LATER IN YOUR STORY & they'll say, " I didn't go for it at the time, but since then I've become a Christian!" She could meet'm in some of those Christian groups or something.
48. YOU CAN WIND IT UP THAT NOW THEY'VE GOT TO THROW HER IN, EVEN THOUGH SOME ARE RELUCTANT. Maybe you could even have some of them arguing with each other about whether they should throw her in or not, some of them even suggesting that maybe they should let her get away.—But they wouldn't be able to explain it to the officers that will come to check & make sure it was done.
49. OH, YOUR STORY ABOUT THE SOLDIER FALLING IN IS THE PERFECT SUBSTITUTE!—Because when the superiors come to check & make sure she was eaten by the lions, they will see his skeleton down there‚ therefore they'll be satisfied that she has been eaten! On the other hand, the Lord delivered her. But there might be a little discussion between some of them. Maybe the two or three who later join her protest, just like some of Joseph's brothers did at throwing him into the pit. Some of them try to argue to save her, but the majority are convinced that if they don't they're going to be in trouble. So they're finally convinced, reluctantly‚ that they've got to, whether they like it or not.
50. YOU COULD EVEN HAVE HER KNEELING DOWN IN ONE SCENE PRAYING FOR THEM BEFORE THEY TOSS HER INTO THE DEN! Wouldn't that make a beautiful scene? Many times the martyrs knelt & prayed for their captors or their executioners before the dastardly deed was done.
51. I HOPE I HAVEN'T COMPLICATED THINGS TOO MUCH FOR YOU, SON‚ BUT I BELIEVE THAT COULD BE A VERY POWERFUL SCENE & a tremendous testimony & witness, & a beautiful example of our own girls who are going to have to go through such experiences. Why fight it? Why resist it? Why not join it & win'm? I think it's a marvellous opportunity to get the Message in & a testimony & to show that it has tremendous power on some of them who even help her escape later when she bumps into them!—Maybe even go with her & join! Wouldn't that be logical as a result of such love & compassion & free-will offerings?
52. WELL‚ I'VE BEEN TAPING FOR OVER AN HOUR, THE TIME JUST SEEMS TO FLY! I don't know how I can do it, but I've got so much I want to say to you! Well, I guess I'll have to quit & send you this so you can go & do it! Amen? Do you like it, Team? Yea, Team! In this case it's not fight, team fight, it's write, team, write! You're both writing on paper, even you artists. You're writing the scene & he's writing the story, & I'm sure the Lord is showing it to all of us!
53. I BELIEVE HE GAVE ME THAT & I THINK IT'S A TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY TO REALLY REVEAL THE WITNESS & THE TESTIMONY & THE GOSPEL & to show a powerful example of the fruit & the effect of such witnessing. Boy‚ here's a shocker! Here's a stunner! We have had some cases almost just as stunning in the effect & power of such witnessing! It's probably our most powerful weapon in witnessing yet that has won more impossible cases than almost anything else! And if there were ever any impossible cases, some of these soldiers are! So here you are! I'm sure you can write the story, Mr. Weaver!—Weave it into your web to catch souls! GBY!
54. LORD BLESS & KEEP THEM & GIVE THEM WISDOM & SKILL & INSPIRATION‚ Lord, real divine anointing, the power of Thy Spirit for this tremendously powerful witness that this scene can be!—Such a demonstration, Lord, of what we have been really preaching all the time, & what our girls are doing all the time! Give them real pictures, Lord, & the words to say & the lines to draw, & may it be something that will be a powerful testimony for Thee‚ in Jesus' name we ask for Thy glory. Amen!
55. WELL, LEAVE IT TO ME TO BE SHOCKING & REVOLUTIONARY, BUT I GUESS THAT'S WHY I'M THE WAY I AM & THE WAY HE MADE ME! I just got that inspiration & thought I ought to deliver my soul to you. You can take it or leave it, but I think you should take it so we can leave that with them! ILY! If you have any questions or suggestions, just write!—And if you get some from the Lord, hop to it! Thanks a lot! Good night! Have sweet dreams of that beautiful scene!—ILY!