—MODecember 1972GP No.191
P.O.Box 31, London WCZE 7KX England, or B.P. 752 75123 Paris Cedex 03 France
1. I'M LOOKING UP THROUGH A BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN DOME that's made in sections, like cut glass windows, very ornate, very beautiful, with a beautiful blue starry sky above—and I don't even understand the significance of what I see! First there is this pipe-like tube leading upward, with these three glowing rods in it passing through the dome out into the night. And there's another opening where there is some kind of smoke or something—I don't know what it is—around on the sides of this opening coming out through little jets and pouring upward, and I don't even know what it means.
2. YOU MIGHT SAY IT IS KIND OF LIKE A CAPITOL DOME, and this tube is like some kind of a chute, and I think it has to do with some kind of transportation: Maybe it means our communication with the Lord since it goes up into the sky. Maybe those jets are like incense in the temple, perfume‚ pouring out—maybe symbolic of our prayers to the Lord‚ our channel of communication, prayer.—And the view is upward: When you look up, the sky's the limit! The outlook may not always be easy‚ but the uplook is great! Maybe that means our Capitol is going to get back in tune with a better uplook, more communication and prayer.
3. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL VIEW! All around the windows and dome are those crystals we saw before. Maybe the temple is symbolic of us, all of us. His spiritual building is what God is concerned about, and we together make up His temple, made of beautiful crystals! What makes you think God's temple is being built out of bricks or concrete blocks or rocks—or ordinary stones? What kind of stones?—Precious stones! The Temple is being built out of those beautiful crystals: Diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds‚ and gorgeous crystals!
4. THE DOME IS LIKE WINDOWS OVERHEAD, AND THE ONLY DIRECTION YOU CAN LOOK IS UP, and the architecture reminds me of India. A starry sky is even more beautiful at night than the glaring day—more like looking through into Heaven! The uplook is great, and the perfume is ascending‚ and all these jets must be prayer, and that tube must be communication, and those three rods—maybe they stand for Father, Son and Holy Spirit! I think the Lord's trying to show us what we could be and what we ought to be like, and how beautiful we are to Him, and how smoothly and beautifully He'd like to see us operate, with that perfume ascending, and perfect communication!
5. WELL, OUR COMMUNICATIONS ARE LIMITED LIKE A TUBE NOW, we see through a glass darkly. Now we know in part, but then we shall know even as we are also known; and what direct communication we have with Heaven is still somewhat limited, like through a tube. Thank God for those little glimpses where He shoots down these little visions and puffs of supernatural air that can freak us out, kind of like smoking pot or something. God blows down a little of that Heavenly air through that tube, and we see visions and dream dreams and talk in tongues and prophesy—kind of like the old laughing gas! Or He can suck us right up through that tube for a little Heavenly visit and then shoot us right back down again!
6. IT ALL SORT OF SYMBOLIZES THE SPIRITUAL REALITIES: IT'S A CRYSTAL PALACE, BUILT OF YOU AND ME! Of course the light is really beautiful, all the crystals are scintillating‚ glowing, reflecting—beautiful, beautiful! Thank You Lord for those refreshing glimpses of Heavenly things, and how beautiful things can be, and how beautiful they are to You!
7. EVERYBODY IN THIS BIG CENTRAL ROOM UNDER THE DOME, THEY ARE ALL LOOKING UP like they expect something. People are rushing around out in the wings, like they're busy in the service of the King; but the people here under the central dome just stand there quietly and look up, bathed in that beautiful, beautiful golden glow from Above, taking big deep breaths of that Heavenly air that comes down the pipe, getting a whiff of that fragrance now and then. Oh, Lord‚ for a breath of Thy Heavenly air to refresh us and clear our minds, and inspire our hearts and give us visions that thrill us, that set out heads awhirl for Thee, Jesus! Praise the Lord!
8. IT'S JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO BUSY RUSHING AROUND GET TIRED, and they have to come in the middle room and look up and take a nice big breath and catch another vision and take another look and get filled up again. It's His temple. Help us to be like that, Jesus, and to remember we can't go on without the Heavenly Vision You give, a breath of Heavenly fresh air, the sound of that sweet music coming down the pipe! We just can't go on without hearing Thy voice and breathing the fragrance of that wonderful incense and seeing the beautiful starry sky and getting inspired by the Upward look!
9. HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE TEMPLE TODAY? ARE YOU TAKING A LOOK UPWARD? Have you breathed deeply of that Heavenly elixir? Have you heard those beautiful notes of Heavenly music—marveled at God's starry sky, His great creation, His universe, to know that all is well‚ and find rest and peace to your souls before you go back to work in the wings? Hallelujah! (Tongues) Thank you Jesus! "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how oft would I have gathered thee under My wings that thou mayest hear My voice and be comforted by My Words and breathe of My Spirit!"
10. I THINK THAT MEANS YOU WOULDN'T WORRY AND FRET SO AND BE SO UPSET IF YOU SPENT MORE TIME WITH THE LORD looking Up through that starry dome and breathing that Heavenly air and hearing that beautiful music! You'd find peace and rest unto your souls. Amen? You just cannot go on if you only hurry around all the time in the wings and you never step into the rotunda and look up through the dome, spending quiet time, seeing Heavenly visions and breathing Heavenly air and hearing Heavenly music and voices! It just totally renews you and completely refreshes you and gives you new vision and fresh inspiration, new strength, rest and peace and joy!
11. THE DAY IS COME AND NOW IS THAT YE SHALL WORSHIP NEITHER IN THIS MOUNTAIN NOR IN JERUSALEM, but they that worship the Father shall worship Him in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him! Have you been in that temple today in the spirit. Have you been in the temple today to hear His truth? Have you been in the temple today to see His vision in the sky above?
12. THANK YOU LORD!—SMELL THE FRAGRANCE OF THAT DELIGHTFUL INCENSE! (Breathes deeply)—like life! Have you been there to get a fresh breath of air from Heaven?—If you haven't, you really missed something! You're going to get awfully tired and weary and upset and fearful and doubting and discouraged and worried and flurried and hurried because you haven't been renewed in the temple of His Spirit with the voice of His truth and the Heavenly vision‚ breathed that Heavenly air, enjoyed that delightful fragrance! (Tongues‚ laughs.) Praise You Lord!
13. "FOR THEY THAT PARTAKE OF THESE THINGS HAVE STRENGTH THAT YE KNOW NOT OF! They that follow Me and hear My voice, and they that savour My fragrance and see those things which I show them, they are the children of David!" Praise You Jesus! Amen?
14. YOU'LL GET OUT OF TOUCH IF YOU DON'T—OUT OF COMMUNICATION AND FELLOWSHIP, out of the victory. You'll run out of strength and wisdom and love and patience, and pretty soon you'll just plain run out, because you can't take it any more! Because you've been too busy out in the wings, and you haven't come into the temple to be refreshed and renewed and re-visioned. Praise God? Re-inspired!
15. ARE YOU TOO BUSY? Are you in too big a hurry? Is your work too important to stop for a few minutes of inspiration and refreshing from on High, spiritual renewal, physical rest‚ a little love feast with the Lord? If you've missed a trip into the temple of His Spirit today in fellowship with all the other crystals, you really missed something! You'll not last long, you're going to wear out. You'll never make it if you don't stop for a while under the dome and look up at His starry sky and the peace and tranquility and mighty moving of the spheres, and hear their music!—Up there where all is perfection, perfect order and harmony and peace!
16. LOOK AND LIVE! LOOK AND LIVE! STOP, LOOK, AND LIVE! Amen? Stop, look, listen, and live! Praise the Lord? How many times has the Lord told us this‚ that you can not live without it? You'd better take time for the temple, or you're going to find out you're running out of time!—Time for that wonderful rest in the temple! Have you had your temple time today?—Your quiet time in His temple?
17. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE IN A CHURCH BUILDING OR CATHEDRAL or some gorgeous material temple. All you have to do is get alone with the Lord and look up at all His beauties and breathe His Heavenly air and hear His Heavenly music and see His Heavenly visions! Ye are the temple of the Holy Ghost!—All these living stones! Hallelujah! That must be why those crystals, precious stones, act like they're alive! They're always turning, moving or rotating and their light is always fluctuating or scintillating like every crystal is alive! Living stones, living jewelry of God! Praise God? If you don't move in here and get a little of His light, you're not going to reflect much, or refract much, or catch more of it to pass on to others.
18. THAT'S ONE THING THAT COMES DOWN THAT SHAFT: HEAVENLY LIGHT TO FILL YOUR SOUL and set every crystal on fire with beautiful light! Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus! If you don't catch the light, you're not going to be able to pass it on to others, Can you see it? It's so beautiful!—A temple made of moving, living, turning, brilliant stones! There's no place on earth like that, except in the temple of His Spirit!
19. NOW THAT'S HOW THE LORD SEES IT AND HOW HE SEES YOU, BUT YOU'RE TOO BUSY to stop and give Him time. Look up and live! But you're too busy to get refreshed and catch new visions and be restrengthened. Too busy to even stop and take a breath. How much time have you spent in the temple today? There doesn't have to be any set time. You can look up through the dome any time of day, anywhere, wherever you are‚ whatever you're doing. Just a few quiet moments with the Lord.
20. YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT VERY MUCH IN THE MIDST OF CONFUSION with other voices and clatter going on out in the wings. They are part of the temple and necessary to the service of the temple but you have to get quiet somewhere, sometime. I've found those hours in the morning when you can't sleep are a wonderful time, and the view is so beautiful! The night is so quiet and so still. Praise the Lord! Don't just lie there. Do something! Pray! Look and live! Look up! Make a temple of your heart. See what God can do in that beautiful realm of the Spirit!
21. THAT'S WHERE I STARTED GETTING THAT BEAUTIFUL VISION that solved all those problems and showed us what to do: In those early morning hours when I was praying and burdened about the situation I got the first half of "Alice and the Magic Garden" (ML #290). But then, just to show it doesn't have to be in your regular prayer time or quiet time alone, later right during breakfast, or after breakfast‚ right in the middle of the busy scene, I asked God for the answer, and immediately I was in the temple again seeing the rest of the vision!—Any time, anywhere, you can come swiftly out of the wings and enter the temple in spirit and in truth!
22. SOMETIMES YOU WONDER WHAT IS THE TRUTH OUT THERE IN THE WINGS, you get so far out of touch, and you have to come back into the rotunda where you get your batteries recharged. Lord Jesus, give these dear ones rest. This is their rest day, their day off. Help them to spend some of it‚ and as often as they can, in Thy temple in that quiet place of rest before Thy throne. Thank you Jesus! Praise You Lord!
23. YOU CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT HIM, BELOVED. YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT WITHOUT HIS POWER. A lot of these little tape recorders will run for a while on batteries, but how long will they run on batteries?—You'll run for awhile, but then you'll have to come back and get hooked up to the current again, or you'll run slower and slower till you have nothing left and are just plumb flat!
24. IF YOU'D ONLY PUT THE LORD FIRST! I could have worried and fretted that whole day when I was so terribly worried about the situation. We could have argued ourselves blue in the face. But by getting desperate with the Lord in that little temple of prayer and taking a deep breath of that spiritual atmosphere, that flipped me out better than any drugs or dope ever could, and gave me visions of the Lord!—And in just one simple little vision in two parts, Part I—upstairs, and Part II—downstairs, I got the picture just like God saw it, simple enough for a little child to understand!
25. I'M NOT SO SMART! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING BUT WHAT GOD SHOWS ME, and I just pass it on to you. Everything God shows you always works out! Praise the Lord? Thank you Jesus for Thy temple, the temple of Thy Spirit, where we can have truth and rest unto our souls! Isn't He wonderful? Then why don't you spend more time with Him—alone with Him? If you love Him so much, why don't you act like it?
26. WELL, YOU SAY, I'VE BEEN BUSY HERDING SHEEP‚ But how do you know how to herd them, or where to herd them, or anything about them unless you learn from the Chief Shepherd? How do you know where He's leading unless you follow Him? He knows where the green pastures are, and where the mountain passes are, and where the cool waters flow! He knows where the falls are, where you'll be safe and secure. He also knows the woods in which the wolves hide, and He knows the danger spots, and you'd better stay close to Him, for I'm telling you, you don't know much at all! You're going to be in trouble! All we have to do is follow—stick up your little antenna and get the signals and follow! Amen?
27. THAT'S WHAT THAT TUBE REMINDS ME OF: IT'S KIND OF LIKE AN ANTENNA on top of the dome, like a channel, God's channel. Are you on God's Channel, or are you so down-hearted that you keep looking down? If you're down hearted and down cast, it's because you're looking down too much at the waves. You've got your antenna pointed down towards Hell instead of up toward Heaven—or outside at all the people and confusion and sheep, instead of toward the Chief Shepherd. Are the only signals you're receiving just a bunch of confusion and babble, or have you got your antenna straight up toward the sky, toward Heaven, where you can't get anything but the Lord?
28. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHICH WAY YOU POINT YOUR ANTENNA, or you'll get the wrong station, or you won't get the signals clear.—You'll get nothing but confusion or static from the Devil. If you get your antenna straight up, you can't even get these other channels!—All you'll get is God's channel.
29. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE, BUT I GUESS YOU'VE GOT TO LEAVE. Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus!—'Cause you do have your work in the wings. There is the service of the temple. It's not a church service, but it's downright hard work out in the wings‚ feeding and sacrificing and working, ministering to the multitudes. But you'll never have the strength or the vision or the inspiration that you need to do it unless you come back in under the dome and look up in the spirit for His truth.
30. HE CAN SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IN ONE LITTLE GLIMPSE! He can refresh your while spirit with one deep breath! He can clarify all your thoughts with just one sweet strain of Heavenly music! Hallelujah! And He can wipe away all your fears and tears with just one (breathes deeply) little restful moment in the peace, that perfect peace, He gives when your mind is stayed on Him and Him alone because you trust in Him. Amen? Praise the Lord? Thou shall keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee! Come to Me‚ all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest! Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me‚ for I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls!
31. IT JUST TAKES ONE LITTLE GLIMPSE OF JESUS TO MAKE IT WORTH IT ALL! Praise God?—And to help you to be able to do it all. Is it worth the time it takes in the temple? Take time in the temple. Praise God? Amen?
32. PSALM 84:10: "FOR A DAY IN THY COURTS IS BETTER THAN A THOUSAND! I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."
Psalm 23:6: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Revelation 3:12: "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the Name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is New Jerusalem‚ which cometh down out of Heaven from My God and I will write upon him My new Name."
Revelation 5:8: "And when He had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints."