DO 1905 1/85
1. OUR HALOS SHOULD ALL LOOK MORE OR LESS NORMAL & NATURAL, NATURALLY SUPERNATURAL!—Or supernaturally natural‚ I don't know which! We don't want'm to get so big they look like hoops you can jump through, hula hoops! We're getting to where we're sort of learning about these things. After all, we haven't had too much experience with halos. I haven't seen mine lately, have you? So we sort of have to go by a little bit of imagination & old classical art maybe.—Although some of that stuff, ugh!
2. WE WERE WATCHING AN EDUCATIONAL VIDEO THE OTHER DAY ABOUT MEDIAEVAL ART & they were going on raving & raving about these Mediaeval Art masterpieces by all the famous masters‚ Boticelli & a whole bunch of screwy guys, I can't remember all their Italian names & whatnot, & they were the ugliest things! I mean, how they ever got to be masterpieces, I don't know! I think it's just like some of this crazy modern art. It's like the weather in California, everybody thinks it's supposed to be warm so they run around naked when it's freezing cold, just because that's what the publicity says. This modern art is as ugly as it can be, has no sense, no form, rhyme, reason, nothing, is downright ugly, & yet they rave & rave about it! It's a perversion!
3. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT THAT MEDIAEVAL PERIOD WAS ALMOST THE WORST IN THE WORLD'S HISTORY, WHEN THE CHURCH WAS THE MOST CORRUPT‚ & MOST OF THE ART WAS RELIGIOUS. Just take a look at some of it—ugly, evil faces, even Baby Jesus had an ugly evil face & Mary looked just horrible! And the men looked like demons! I guess those guys were absolutely demonic who drew them & painted them. But the commentator on this video went on through this art gallery here & there giving all the history & all this blah blah blah! Well, I recommended it for the kids to watch just so they could see the difference between bad art & our good art!
4. OUR ART LOOKS ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY COMPARED TO THAT UGLY OLD JUNK! I don't know why they don't just throw'm away. They'd have been better off if they'd burned them up! I must say that during the Renaissance the art began to improve & look a little more natural & normal. Some of that junk of the Mediaeval period, even our own kids could have painted it, only they would have done better! They'd have had them looking more pleasant & a little prettier. But they're even out of proportion, they're funny shapes.
5. IT'S JUST ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS TO THINK THAT THE WORLD COULD BE WORSHIPPING THAT KIND OF UGLY UGLY PICTURES! Imagine, representing that as pictures of those people & those Saints & God & Jesus & whatnot! Imagine showing that kind of stuff to your own kids, what an impression those poor little children must have had of the Saints & Mary & God & Jesus etc. Those poor little kids, no wonder they turned out to be such rotters! Their parents were rotters, the artists were rotters, the kings that commissioned them were rotters! It was the most rotten, debauched era in all the World's history! They call that Mediaeval period the midnight of World History, it was horrible!
6. SO WHEN I THOUGHT ABOUT OUR ART IN COMPARISON TO THOSE UGLY EVIL-LOOKING FACES, I SAID, "WOW, THANK GOD FOR OUR ARTISTS & OUR ART! We're going to create an Art Revolution!" Hallelujah! TYJ! I just love these posters! God bless Jac & Eman & all the rest of you that are doing such a beautiful job! These are really teamwork! No one person is going to get all the credit, they're real teamwork by all of us! PTL! GBY! TYJ!—And all, in Jesus' name, amen!