—MO October 8, 1972 NO.186A—GP
Copyrighted October, 1972 by The Children of God
P. O.Box 31, London WC2E 7LX, England or GPO Box 3141, San Juan‚ Puerto Rico 00936
1. (MO sees a huge old ornate gold pocket watch on a heavy gold chain with a leather fob and emblem:) Give us joy in our labours and glory in our tasks, Lord, strength for the wheel as we put our shoulders to it, to cause the other wheels to turn. Except this big wheel turns, Lord, none of the little wheels can turn. We're all cogged together. So help this big wheel to turn so the little wheels can hum! I guess I'm the Main Spring!
2. I'm the Spring!—The Lord's the One that winds it! The Spring causes all the wheels to turn, yet if these big wheels, like this balance wheel‚ turn not, then everything stops. Jesus, help Lord! If the Spring can't turn this wheel, then none of the wheels will turn properly, and this one keeps them in tune and in time and well-balanced and running smoothly,—so that our face and hands can tell the time to the nations to show them what time it is, as a sign. We are the time-keepers of this world, and all of Thy operations are geared to us, Lord!
3. Thank you for the precious things Thou hast given us—the case of gold and the little jewels upon which these wheels pivot, and the little bearings upon which these wheels rest and without which they could not turn—all these little secretaries, workers‚ etc., so unseen behind the works—behind the face, behind the scenes‚—and yet without them the wheels could not turn‚ without these smooth jewels who are the bearings, these precious jewels—secretaries, provisioners, PR men, greeters, cooks,—all the little tiny hidden parts that make it run, without which any missing part would hinder! Thank you Jesus!
4. Whether they like it or not, the world can hear us tick, and they may think we conceal things, like the face of the clock conceals the works behind the scenes, but we can stand inspection, Lord, and they can hear us tick! They know we're running! We're not dead and silent like the churches! And the hands move they don't stand still! They haven't stopped a hundred or two hundred years ago, but they're still telling time—telling the world what time it is‚ still prophesying, still voicing!
5. Make all the little wheels turn in tune and in time, for all the machinery to hum smoothly. Thank You Lord for the oil of Thy Spirit that makes everything run smoothly and sweetly and quietly without friction!
6. I'm nothing but a little Spring, Lord, that sets things in motion, pushes a little to get the wheels turning. We thank You Lord, for how they keep going! Help us to thank Thee and praise Thee‚ not to weep for ourselves, but to weep for Thee and Thy work, Thy children, and get our eyes off ourselves.—To be sorry for ourselves is to be selfish and introspective and even to murmur!
7. Help us not to be sorry for ourselves, but to praise Thee for our blessings and thank Thee for how You've trusted us and we've trusted each other to do a good job, for we know we will. Help us to thank Thee for how much You trust us, and how much You've helped us to accomplish, how You've worked so mightily in the hearts of those we've dealt with in public and in the hearts of our staff! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
8. Thank You for the golden case you've put us in—for Thy beautiful protection and provision! Thank You Jesus! Thank You Lord for the crystal of publicity that You've given Your message, through which the world can see us—TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, so many things through which the whole world views us, the crystal that makes our signs open to the public—the signs of the times—the movement of the hands!
9. Nothing God does is without signification, and the hands of this large old ornate watch stood at a little after 3, And I thought: Well, now, what does that mean? Besides just being a sign to the world‚ they also tell us what the time is! The minute hand was actually in between three and six, nearly half past three, between the 20 and 25 minute marks. We really didn't start telling the time until about 3-1/2 years ago! We didn't really start getting out the message to the world till the Spring of 1969!
10. And then I wondered, Why Lord, if that's the case—they're always talking about midnight being the final hour:—If that's the case, then midnight is less than nine hours away‚ or nine years from now, which would make it about 1980 or 1981! Then the answer came just as clear:-"That is not to be your Midnight but your Noon!—Midnight will come 12 hours after that!"—about 1993!--Just as the Lord seemed to indicate in other prophecies such as "Gypsies" and the "70 Years Prophecy"! Hallelujah!—'69 to '93—24 years!—24 hours!—12 to 12 to 12!—And it's now '72—nearly half past three!--Glory!
11. It was like one of those big gold pocket watches, ornate and old fashioned. I kept asking, Why was it in the form of a watch instead of a clock?—Why, of course, a clock is stationary‚ but a watch is always on the move! We're a pocket watch that the Lord carries around in His pocket all the time, and we're valuable to Him! He really protects us, and takes us out, and winds us, and He's even proud of us!
12. The back of that watch was so ornate and beautiful!—All inlaid with diamonds and rubies! And that engraving! I never thought about what it said. I don't even understand the design! It was just like a mystery, like several initials all intertwined. Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Whose initials are usually carved on the back of a watch?—The Owner's initials of course! Very mysterious! I can't even decipher them! Like it's a mystery. God has a lot of names!
13. There's a Scripture in Revelation about the Lord putting His name on us—Revelation 3:12: "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."—Hallelujah! We're His Watch and bear His name! You know, that Scripture is in the passage about the Philadelphian Church with the ones about the Key of David also! The Philadelphian Church is a totally victorious church—not a bad thing said about it!
14. Attached to the watch is a heavy golden chain:—and what is attached to the other end of the chain?—The Owner of course! We're tied to the Lord with the golden chain of His love!—Hallelujah!
15. (This whole revelation came about because of someone's faith, and his asking the Lord for a sign. He wanted to know what he was and where he fit in.)
16. You are that wheel that keeps moving back and forth, and when that wheel doesn't turn, nothing turns. What a balance you are between the spiritual and the practical, to keep things all balanced properly! If some of them had it, it wouldn't be anything but business!—And if others were doing it, it would be nothing but spiritual! But you help keep the balance. The balance wheel is the most active wheel—the one that moves the most—back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, moves in all directions—keeps the balance.
17. There was a special pocket for the watch.--And they always had something else!—A watch fob! A little trinket or ornament on the top of the watch that you pull the watch out with—and sometimes they were made of leather with a little metal piece on it. This one I saw in vision had a yoke on it! How about that!—That's our symbol God told us to always wear!--Hallelujah!
18. —And we're mobile! Whatever way God moves, we move with Him!—Right in His pocket!
19. The little hand indicates the hour‚ or in this case, the year, and the big hand the minutes, which in this case, indicates the months. The year is divided into 12 months.—It must be something that happened in May of 1969! Maybe the Lord considers the Revolution didn't really get started until we left Tucson, because until that time we hadn't really forsaken all—we still had a certain dwelling place.—And then maybe it means something else! What else happened in the middle of May?—That's our Anniversary!--Hallelujah!
20. God is telling the time by us, and accurately! The watch is a portable timepiece! It has to be movable. It's always worn right on the person of the Owner! Whichever way He moves, we move! Hallelujah!—Isn't that great!
21. This morning, while praying someone got II Kings 20 from the Lord‚ and verse 8, which says: "And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the Lord the third day? And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that He hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees? And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward‚ by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz."—A sun dial!—A timepiece!—The Watch is that sign!—A sign that God's going to heal you, and give you more Time!—Hallelujah!
22. This evening the Lord has answered that prayer with this sign! (MO: tongues and weeping:) "Why dost thou marvel for all these wonders and signs I have given thee, and that thou shouldst wonder that I have spoken these things?"—Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus!
23. Watch and pray! Stay on the Watch! Stay in tune! Be on time! Keep wound up! Keep well balanced! Put your shoulder to the Wheel!—But don't forget to unwind too! You need rest and relaxation as well as work! Keep clean and well-oiled by the Spirit! One tiny grain of dirt can stop the whole works! Avoid friction!—It wears out you and the whole Watch! Keep in contact with the Spring you can't move without it!—God will wind it! Stay close to Him! Keep a clean face!—Keep the crystal clear so the world can see our hands and tell what time it is! A Watch is prized for its tiny hidden precious valuable jewels—not its Big Wheels! Hallelujah! Whether you're a tiny jewel of a bearing or a big noisy wheel‚ keep ticking for Jesus "so men may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven"!—Amen? Hallelujah!