1. I'M SOLD ON THESE COLOUR POSTERS! You can pack so much into them! It is better than a Komic or anything! And you can have it all right there at a glance, all together instead of all chopped up in separate pictures on separate pages. It makes such a beautiful poster too! You can't put a Komic book on the wall but you can sure put this on the wall! And yet it is small enough to hand out by hand‚ & if they're really going to read it they need to take it in their hands & look at it.
2. IT IS SO MUCH BETTER TO HAVE IT SMALL so you can hold it in your hand & read it. It's all here. We've finally reached a good mini size for posters so we can afford colour. This is better than colour Komix any day! It's a constant testimony on the wall & people will really be fascinated to read it & look at the pictures. It is like a poster Komic!
3. THEY CAN EVEN USE SOME OF THEM ON THE STREETS! I think they'd be quite an attraction to go along holding one of those. I think people would really buy them—& to distribute them personally of course is the most effective way, either with tapes or witnessing or door-to-door or whatever.
4. I THINK BY GIVING IT A BIG PUSH THE FAMILY IS GOING TO FIND THAT THEY GO OVER. I BELIEVE IT! I believe the Lord confirmed it & blessed it & gave His seal of approval, & so I think He knows they're going to go over if the entire Family will really push them & really try—& they certainly shouldn't complain, we're paying for it all!—And it is pure gravy for them, we're just sending some raw material that they can parlay into real support! So I think they're going to find out if they really try that, they're really going to go over.
5. SOME OF THEM ARE SUITABLE EVEN FOR THE STREETS. Others are strictly for personal witnessing, & perhaps one of them, like the FF poster, is just to encourage the FFers‚ it's for the Family, for the Homes. They've already seen that in the calendar, we're just going to reproduce the same & just blow it up, so maybe we only need to do enough for the Family of that one, what do you think? It hasn't really got a message for the outsiders so much, although they could use it in explanation for their fish & friends, something like that, that this is what we are doing today. We are flooding the World with the Water of the Word! We will find out now which kind go over best with the public too, which kind really sell.
6. NOW STREET WORK IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM PERSONAL WORK, for with the street work you've only got a fraction of a second at a glance to sell. It has got to sell itself (snaps fingers) like that! Just in one look & then they want it, & I think for that they are going to get some pretty good gifts, no little nickels & dimes & quarters. They can tell it costs something‚ it is worth something, & I think the subjects that will be more fascinating to the public are those Endtime & Millennium & even Heaven Posters!
7. HOW DO YOU LIKE THE TITLE THAT I PUT ON THAT CALENDAR POSTER?—"THE HAPPY END OF THE WORLD!" They're always talking about the end of the World like it is the end of everything, so I just prayed about it & I thought‚ "Oh! The happy end of the World!" I mean hardly anybody has stressed the happy end of the World. How was that? I thought that kind of headline would really sock'm on the streets!
8. AND THE HEADLINE ON THE OTHER ONE, "DO YOU KNOW THE FUTURE?"—I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE STREETS. Those are the two colour-poster combinations. I think they'd be good for the streets, & then they've got good clear understandable captions. The captions on "The Happy End" are a little longer captions, you don't just read them at a glance—you've gotta study'm—but the art is much better. But I think both of them are very usable.
9. THE THING IS‚ YOU'VE GOT TO THINK ABOUT THIS TOO, WE'VE ONLY GOT SO MANY PEOPLE IN SO MANY MARKETS, & once they saturate a market with one kind of thing then you've got to have a change. So I think the repeats, another one with a different picture or a different subject, I think that is good because I think that they need something new once they have worn out on one.
10. I THINK THAT IS THE MISTAKE A LOT OF THEM MADE IN SOME PLACES, they kept getting out this milk-&-water stuff & the same old thing till the people just got tired of it! They thought they were smart by getting large quantities of it printed, & it was so innocuous that nobody would be offended, but neither was anybody interested, ha! I mean something controversial would have been more interesting.
11. SO I THINK POSTERS ON THE ENDTIME & FUTURE WOULD BE OF INTEREST TO THE PUBLIC, & EVEN ON THE MILLENNIUM! Even if they don't believe it‚ they want to know what you think about it & what the Bible says. And who in the World has ever presented Heaven like we do? It is fascinating! They've seen a few classics like that one of a little girl with her arm around a lion about the Millennium, but that is about all.
12. I THINK THEY WILL REALLY GO OVER! The public are used to seeing them with the little flyers & the four-page Komix. That is old hat, 15 years old! But I don't think we've ever hit the streets with posters, have we?—Not with colour posters or of any kind, except we did tell them they could copy the first Heaven poster in black & white. But even in that size the nudity was so evident that I think a lot of them were afraid to take them on the streets. But I don't think nearly any of you would be afraid to hit the streets with these!—And you're going to get them free, so how can you lose? We're giving you an offer you can't refuse! So praise the Lord!
13. AND POSTERS!—I'M GIVING MORE CREDIT TO HO, DEAR OLD HO! HE WAS ALL HEP OVER POSTERS IN THE EARLY DAYS IN LONDON! They plastered them all over the place & on the streets, & they did get a lot of response from them, a lot of calls & a lot of requests to know more. That was "Green Paper Pig," "Revolutionary Women" "!
14. THEY ARE A CONSTANT WITNESS ALL THE TIME! At a bus stop they stand there & study them. Therefore when people saw them on the street with the same thing they'd get it because they wanted to know what it was all about. I think they even put the phone numbers on the ones in London & they got a lot of response. And I've got a nice spot on the back for all the address that it would be good to put on.
15. BESIDES THAT, DID YOU NOTICE WHAT I PUT ON THE BOTTOM?—The international address.—Although it might be identifying to some people in-the-know who recognise the address, but if they are that much in-the-know so they'll recognise the pictures & message anyway, or recognise the people who sell them‚ so? I thought we needed that message down there & some address in case some of our people start ignorantly passing them out without any address.
16. SO, WE STILL HAVE THAT INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS. And I put that little invitation down at the bottom which I thought was important.—And the headline at the top which sort of gives you some idea of what the thing is about.
17. I DON'T THINK THE TRIB POSTER IS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC, BUT I DO THINK THAT IT IS VERY GOOD FOR PERSONAL WITNESSING FOR NEW CONVERTS & FRIENDS & people who need to be a little more interested in what is coming & how soon, & start breaking away from things so they can start serving the Lord or giving to the Lord. It's enough to shake some people up to realise how near the End is & that it is going to get rougher!
18. THE MUSIC POSTER IS STRICTLY FOR TAPE USE, but I think they will be able to use a lot of them. We're pushing the FF poster strictly for Family & friends‚ & the Trib Poster also. I don't think they should get as large a quantity of those. I'd say of those we could use maybe about the total number of our Family, which is about 10,000. . I think enough for the whole Family, that's 10,000 or so, & they ought to have at least that many again. Wouldn't you say? A family plus six more for close friends & converts like that, what do you think about that?—At least 20,000‚ maybe 30? I'd say they could have one per Family Member. I'd say maybe, on the basis of the other one too, just enough for some fish & friends. Some of the fish would love to have a pretty poster with pretty girls. Don't you think? It's just one big picture & it is beautiful & it's sexy!
19. THEN THERE'S THE FOUR COLLAGES I RIGGED UP‚ very rough, not the FF poster, there are three of them that are good for the public. And then there are the two 12-picture colour-calendar combos which I think make great items that size! You can read them well & everything. And since they are mostly going to be presented by hand & hand-held & read before they stick them on their wall, I think they are just perfect, all we need‚ nothing bigger. We really went all out on that big Heaven poster & that is fine, it was a one–time thing for the Family & kids & all.
20. SO THERE ARE FOUR BEAUTIFUL COLOUR POSTERS ALREADY AT SPRINT! And if we do all of these other six, that will be 10, until we get the Endtime Slideshow done, which we can also put in poster format ("The Endtime News," coming soon!). And they're also working on the Children's Heaven Posters. So I'd say we might just about get them all out within a year!—D.V.
21. SO THE FIRST ONE IS THE MUSIC POSTER & THEN THE FIRST HEAVEN POSTERS! They are really good, when you see it all shot down like that it is really good, & of course the Family has all seen it, but the streets have never seen it & if they are selah their friends may have never seen it, who knows. They also have some new disciples & converts they can show them to & give'm to!—There's no end to their usefulness! PTL! GBY! Keep'm rollin'! We love you!—D.