DO 1824 6/84
1. WE WERE IN HUNTINGTON BEACH & we were walking along the Ocean Front Walk with several old friends, old-timers, & we had just won some kind of contest or raffle or gambling or something, I don't know what it was, but we'd won it. And the winner got to pick any of several small sort of rundown properties or vacant lots in Huntington Beach, like they belonged to the city & they'd been taken for taxes or something. And we were standing in front of the Club or where the Club used to be with several old–timers.
2. I HAD THIS GREAT BIG DOG ON A LEASH‚ LIKE A GREAT DANE, it seemed to be mine for some reason‚ & I was waiting for them to give me my sort of ticket to a property, like the title or something, because I'd picked the old Club. And I looked over at one of the guys, a great big blond guy who used to defend me‚ acted as my bodyguard on that church grounds that time, a guy that wasn't even a member of the Club but who lived upstairs. Do you remember him? He liked me. And when the church people attacked me & tried to beat me up, he came to my rescue & said, "They're not going to get you while I'm here!" And he escorted me clear to my car! He used to drop in once in a while.—A great big fellow, he probably was a dealer or something, because he didn't seem to have anything to do—he was a surfer too, a really nice big guy!
3. SO WE WERE STANDING THERE WAITING FOR THE CLUB WITH A LOT OF OTHER OLD-TIMERS STANDING AROUND. Everybody seemed to be happy‚ I think it was quite a celebration! He said‚ "It's been a long time." I looked at him & said, "Yes, it's been a long long time!"
4. IT WAS SORT OF LIKE IT WAS A NEW DAY OR NEW DISPENSATION OR MAYBE THE MILLENNIUM! What we were doing winning contests or raffles in the Millennium, I don't know, or having a big dog, I don't know! He was a great big thing, as big as a Great Dane, but it didn't seem to be a Great Dane, he was a real friendly kind of dog with a big massive head, more like a Saint Bernard‚ only he wasn't a Saint Bernard either. He was sort of halfway between. He just looked sort of like a mutt! Maybe he represented the Family, as I had him on a leash.—Ha! He seemed to be sort of my dog & my bodyguard.
5. AND THIS OLD FRIEND LOOKED AT ME & SAID, "IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME," & I SAID, "YES, IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME!"—And I woke up! And then I got to thinking about how long has it been? We got there in December of 1967, if you count from when we first arrived. And for some reason or another I was counting to 1986. I was trying to figure out how long it was from 1967 to 1986. Do you know how long that is?—Almost 20 years! But it seemed to have something to do with 1987 or '89, because somehow I had in my head it was 20 or 21 years later!
6. (MARIA: I'M GLAD IT WASN'T IN THE MILLENNIUM, I hope we won't be doing things like that in the Millennium!) Yes, I guess it wasn't, yet it was funny as it was different, things were different. All the old friends & old-timers were there & we didn't seem to have any serious enemies or anything. Everybody was enjoying it like it was a family reunion!—Just a dream I guess.
7. I WOKE UP RIGHT AFTER THINKING ABOUT THAT‚ AS I WAS SAYING, "YES, IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME!"—Then I woke up trying to figure out how long it was. Hmmm!—'67 to '77, that's 10 years, & through '84 is 17 years. Just think, the Family will soon be 20 years old! And somehow in my funny crazy thinking it seemed to fit in with my 21 years, that 21 years from '68 in the "70 Years Prophecy". (See No.156.) I don't see how it could, because I think it was seven 7's plus three 7's, or 49 years plus 21 years = 70. We really started the Club when I was 49 in 1968, & 1968 plus 21 is only '89—1989—only 5 years from now that I figured it meant I was supposed to die! Humph! Somehow it had something to do with my age, I don't know why.
8. —THEN THE OTHER NIGHT‚ WASN'T IT A DREAM OR A VISION?—I don't know what, but I think it was last night or the night before last when I was thinking about the coming days & the Antichrist & the False Prophet, & I sort of got that Khomeini was either the False Prophet or like him. And I was wondering who the Antichrist was going to be. Remember there was only one verse in the Bible that said what he looked like, "A man of fierce countenance" (Dan.8:23), & all of a sudden it came to me, "Boy‚ oh boy!—That guy Khomeini sure has a fierce countenance!" Whew! He just radiates hate with those eyes of his!—He must be demon-possessed!—So maybe the False Prophet has a fierce countenance too?—Anyhow, things are really gettin' close!—Are you ready?