—MOJune 20, 1972 GP No.171
(Written in Israel January 22, 1971)
Box 31 London WC2E 7lX England or, B.P. 7522 751233 Paris Cedex 03 France
1. FEAR IS A VERY INTERESTING SUBJECT!—It's a lot of amazing things! And you don't realise so much of it is subconscious until you try to put it in words and try to analyse it! I suppose my being afraid to talk about my fears is one of the worst fears of all, because to confess your fears is really to expose your innermost self—the part you hide from everybody—even those dearest to you!—In fact, the part you're even trying to hide from yourself, because you're afraid to think about it. You don't even want to confess it to yourself that you're afraid, because that would be admitting you're a coward, and you don't want to confess you're a coward for fear of being exposed, I guess!
2. JESUS, LORD JESUS, THY WILL BE DONE! Have Thy way! If You can help us, if we can help someone else by being honest, help us, Lord, to be honest! Help us‚ Lord, to be willing to face our fears!
3. I GUESS IT'S KIND OF LIKE A DISEASE. You can't very well find the cure unless you confess you have the disease and you reveal the symptoms. And it's a very shameful disease, so you're really very much ashamed to confess you have it. It's one of those secret, dirty diseases that you're ashamed to confess you have, because you know it's the result of sin. Because if you're honest, you know your fears are results of doubts‚ and usually your doubts are the results of disobediences or feared disobediences or failures—feared failures, past failures, possible future failures!
4. AND I THINK THE FEAR OF FAILURE IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST FEARS anybody could possibly have!—The fear of failure in life, love‚ and labour, and the Lord! If you're failing God, I think that's one of the worst for a Christian. And it's perhaps second only‚ I think‚ to the fear of failing others, because you know that God will forgive you, but others find it hard to forgive. The fear of hurting them because of your failure, fear of letting them down, disappointing them, hurting their faith, disillusioning them, discouraging them—the fear that because of your failure others will fail, too!—This is hardest to bear! It's the kind of thing you don't even want to admit to yourself!
5. THE FEAR OF FAILING YOURSELF is least of all! Really, in a way, it's fear of the truth. You're actually afraid of the truth about yourself! But now here's where it pays to face your fears, because you have to draw a line of distinction by facing them—between that which is the truth and those fears which are the lies of the Devil! So that's where it really pays to face them.
6. IT REMINDS ME OF WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID DELIVERING PAPERS and handbills, and there were all these big dogs that were always chasing me and nipping at my heels. Sometimes they actually bit me‚ and they really hurt! But most of the time their bark was worse than their bite! But I soon discovered that, if I ran from them‚ they really ran after me and they were more apt to bite me if I turned my back on them than if I faced them! A dog barks at you and growls at you actually because he's afraid of you—and it's a funny thing—the more afraid you are of him, the more afraid he is of you, because God had put in him that instinctive knowledge that if you're afraid of him, you're apt to do something to him to protect yourself—you're apt to hurt him!
7. SO, IF HE SENSES YOU HAVE FEAR, RIGHT AWAY HE'S AFRAID OF YOU, and he's apt to bark and growl and possibly even attack you. But as long as you face him, no matter how much he barks and growls and snarls, it's really something—I've tried this many times, especially in the power of the Spirit—when you stand your ground, he usually will not attack you, because the very fact that you face him lets him know that, though you may be somewhat afraid of him‚ you're not that afraid—you're not too afraid—you're not afraid to stand there and face him! Therefore, he knows you're not afraid of him, and since you're no longer afraid of him by standing firm and facing him, then it lessens his fear of you, and he'll often back down, growl and snarl a little, turn his head away, and look for somewhere to go to get out of your presence, watching you out of the corner of his eye all the time! And then he'll usually back down and turn around and leave you alone!
8. I'VE HAD THIS HAPPEN SO MANY TIMES with dogs, both big and little! But as sure as you're so afraid that you turn your back on him and run he'll chase you and even be encouraged to bite you—even the littlest dog—because now he knows you really are afraid of him, so he knows you really are an enemy and his doubts about you were right—his fears of you were well-founded—and you've proved it by running! So he promptly takes advantage of your fear as you retreat, by leaping to the attack!
9. NEARLY EVERYBODY WHO'S EVER BEEN BITTEN BY A DOG WAS NOT BITTEN ON THE TOES, BUT THE HEELS; NOT ON THE SHIN, BUT THE CALF of the leg! Of course, some dogs are so mad or so diseased or so trained that they'll attack you to the face—sometimes demon-possessed—but even these can be rebuked in the power of the Spirit in Jesus' name!
10. I'LL NEVER FORGET WHEN I WAS A KID ABOUT 12, DELIVERING HANDBILLS, and I had to go into a certain yard to get to a house in the rear, and out from the back yard came this huge Great Dane, barking and growling furiously, and coming at me full speed, leaping and bounding, and I thought, "This is it!" But I knew I didn't dare turn my back on him, or he would bite me for sure, yet, on the other hand, he was a little too big for me to face, and I was invading his territory! He was just too big for me!
11. SO I THANK GOD I REMEMBERED TO CRY OUT TO THE LORD, and I did something that I've even tried since then with people!—I suddenly jutted my hand out toward him and I yelled, "I rebuke you in Jesus' name!"—And did he put on the brakes! He skidded to a stop and looked absolutely startled!—And turned tail and ran!
12. SO IT NOT ONLY PAYS TO FACE YOUR FEARS AND TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM—even confess them—but to take a positive stand against them, especially in the power and Spirit of the Lord with the promises from His Word!—Because it wouldn't have done me a bit of good in the world to say, as a Christian Scientist, "Big old dog, you just don't exist‚ so I'm going to ignore you!" He would have promptly finished me off to prove that he did exist!
13. IT DOESN'T PAY TO TRY AND SAY THERE'S NO DEVIL AND NO DEMONS AND NO SUCH THING AS EVIL, SIN, OR SICKNESS, AND JUST TRY TO IGNORE the facts! It would be like trying to ignore that you have a disease when you've really got it, because as long as you have it and try to hide it, you can't very well find the remedy! Like dear Old Brother Biggins who was having trouble with his nose—a sinus condition or something—and he was blowing his nose vigorously on the bus, when a Christian Scientist sitting next to him tried to help him by trying to persuade him that his trouble was all in his mind! She said‚ "It's just in your head! You're not really sick! There's nothing wrong with you!" Finally Brother Biggins turned around to her, and with his finger tips, opened up one nostril‚ tilted his head back, and gave her a look clear up his nose, and said, "Listen, Lady, this ain't in my head: it's in my nose, see?"
14. —OR LIKE THE STORY TOLD BY MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE FELLOW WHO FELL OFF THE CLIFF and broke so many bones, and the Christian Scientist came along and tried to persuade him he didn't have any broken bones—it was all in his imagination—there was no such thing as reality—it was all in his mind—he should just try to get up and walk! But the poor man couldn't make it!—And that's where you have to draw the line! You have to find out the difference between reality and the imaginary—the truth and the lie—because if it is reality, it doesn't do any good to try to tell yourself it isn't there—to just shut your eyes and hope it goes away‚ and when you open them again you'll find out it didn't exist—it was just your imagination!
15. THAT BIG DOG EXISTED, and he was coming right for me, and it wouldn't have done a bit of good to shut my eyes and hope he went away—that he was just something I was imagining—some figment of my imagination! He was there, Brother, and he was as real as you or me and he was headed for me!—And in that case, the best thing in the world to do was to face it and take some kind of action and do something about it to eliminate the danger, because it was either him or me!—And I did this by taking the initiative and launching an attack myself on him by the power of the Spirit, in that rebuke in Jesus' name! At first he was on the offensive and I was on the defensive, but the Lord helped me turn the tables by inspiring me to take the offensive and attack him with a rebuke—and suddenly he was put on the defensive and turned and ran!
16. AS ANY MILITARY STRATEGIST KNOWS‚ IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN A DEFENSIVE WARFARE! Defensive war is doomed to defeat! To win a war you have to launch an attack—you have to go on the offensive! You have to attack the enemy! You have to set him back on his heels! You have to take the initiative! You have to be positive! You have to attack and invade and overpower! You can't just sit there and try to ward him off while he attacks and invades‚ or he'll finally overpower you.
17. A PASSIVE DEFENSE NEVER WON A WAR! That's why it's usually the aggressors who win the wars. Sad to say, it's too often the bad guys who win the wars, because they take the initiative—they launch the attack—they leap to the offensive‚ and they can pick the time and place, and do it by surprise and suddenness—so that you're caught off your guard, your defense is down, and you're overrun!
18. THIS IS WHY COMMANDO AND GUERRILLA WARFARE IS SO SUCCESSFUL, even with such few numbers and very little manpower—by sudden surprise attacks in unexpected places and weak spots in the enemy's armour you can do a lot of damage! You can hit and run before the enemy even knows what happened—before he even has a chance to retaliate. This is why conventional armies, like those in Vietnam, can be withstood or even licked by small-scale guerrilla warfare. A conventional army is a large, ponderous, slow-moving‚ though powerful giant, usually somewhat thick-witted and its reaction slow, because its body is so big it takes a long time for it to move and for communications to get through from the brain, Headquarters, to the hand or the foot, and for them to react. Whereas guerrilla forces and commando units are small, somewhat independent, and can choose the time and place of attack, with lightning strikes, and disappear as quickly as they appeared, like little David with Goliath: one little guerrilla defied a whole army; like Gideon and his little band: a bunch of guerrillas who defied a whole army; like Jonathan and his armour-bearer; a couple more guerrillas who defied a whole army! And, Boy, if you've got God with you, you're unbeatable, no matter how small you are! Jonathan said, in that particular attack of his, "God is not limited by few or by many!"
19. ANY MILITARY STRATEGIST KNOWS THAT, no matter how small your forces, if you take the initiative and attack first—go on the offensive—you have a definite and distinct advantage over the enemy.
20. SO IT PAYS TO FACE YOUR FEARS, recognise they're there, decide between the real and the unreal, the truth and the lie, and go to the attack to dispel the vaporous fiction of the fairy tale and to drive away the genuine reality of real threat!
21. WE'RE IN A SPIRITUAL WARFARE, and our weapons are not carnal, but spiritual—mighty to the tearing down of strongholds! This is a picture of your attacking the strongholds of the Enemy and ripping them apart, destroying the opposition. Jesus said of the Church, in Matthew 16:18, "The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it!"
22. WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY AND I HEARD THE PREACHERS USE THIS VERSE, THE WAY THEY INTERPRETED IT, it sounded as though the Church was pictured standing on a big rock, and, though all Hell was pounding on its gates, Hell couldn't triumph over the Church. The whole way they had it pictured was the church building standing there on the Rock, Christ Jesus, and the fires of Hell lapping against its fortifications, but the Church standing firm on the defensive all bottled up in its little fortress, and Hell and the Devil and all the demons couldn't get in! And that's exactly the way it was pictured, exactly the way the Church operates and the Christians act!—A "hold the fort" purely defensive warfare, a battle for mere survival!
23. HERE ARE OUR LITTLE CHOSEN FEW WHO CLOSE THE WINDOWS AND BAR THE DOORS, AND WE WON'T LET THE WORLD IN! We'll keep God in our little box safe and secure, and He'll keep us, if we don't venture out into the storm!
24. BUT THIS IS NOT GOD'S PICTURE at all! That isn't what the Scripture says at all in this verse! Jesus is the one who said it, and He said it to Peter when Peter confessed that Jesus was the Christ, the Messiah‚ the Saviour, the Son of God. Jesus told Peter‚ "Upon this Rock (—the fact that I am Christ, the Anointed, the Saviour, the Only Foundation—) will I build My Church!" He was literally saying‚ "Upon Me will I build My Church!"
25. BUT NOW NOTICE THE REST OF THE VERSE! As Jesus continues His declaration, He says‚ "And the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it!"—The Church! In other words, the gates of Hell will not be able to defend themselves against the Church! The Gates of Hell itself—the Devil's territory—his fortresses—Satan's strongholds—his gates—will not be able to withstand the onslaughts of the Church—the attacks of God's people against the Enemy's territory! The gates of Hell shall not prevail! The gates of Hell will not be able to withstand our attacks!
26. IT'S A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY, and probably, some of the misunderstanding has come from the misuse of the word "prevail"! The Lord didn't misuse it: the original Greek word He used here did not mean to "conquer" or "overcome‚" as is the accepted meaning of "prevail" in most of today's dictionaries! But the word Jesus used meant to "stand strong" or "withstand strongly." and what He was saying was that the gates of Hell would not be able to stand strong or withstand or be very strong against the attacks of the forces of God! It could be that our modern usage of the word "prevail" has changed its meaning through the years since the King James translation, when it is possible the word "prevail" did convey the correct meaning of "stand strong against." Otherwise, it was a very poor choice of a word by the translators to define the Greek word which meant to "stand strong," because our usual present meaning of the word "prevail" in English means to "conquer" or "overcome," just the opposite of what Jesus was talking about! Furthermore, the word "prevail" is only used one time in this sense of "overcoming" or "conquering" in the 67 times it is used in the whole Bible. So therefore, its meaning has apparently changed through the years, since its origin—another trick of the Devil, to give the wrong impression and to completely reverse the whole idea!
27. THE PICTURE IS NOT OF THE CHURCH STANDING FAST BEHIND ITS CLOSED DOORS WHILE ALL HELL ATTACKS, but the picture Christ painted was of Hell trembling behind its closed doors, while the Church was in an all-out attack against Hell's gates, which were collapsing and crumbling under the weight of the power of God through His Church!
28. DID YOU GET THE PICTURE? THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE LAUNCHING THE ATTACK! The Children of God are on the offensive! The Children of God are invading Hell's gates! The Children of God are raiding the Devil's territory—just like you do when you go out witnessing--right on the Devil's ground—right into his strongholds! You're launching the attack, you're picking its time and place, you're taking the initiative, you're overwhelming the Enemy by surprise and suddenness, and often he doesn't even know what happened until it's all over! You've come; you've struck him; you've wounded him; and you've carried off some of his prey before he had a chance to get organised or retaliate or call the cops or decide what to do about you—'cause you came, you saw, you conquered!—And you hit him so hard he didn't have a chance to recover until you were already gone!
29. THIS IS WHY THE COMMANDO RAIDS OF WORLD WAR II WERE SO SUCCESSFUL!—TINY RAIDS AGAINST TREMENDOUS STRONGHOLDS OF THE ENEMY on the coasts of Norway and Germany! One tiny little boatload of men and explosives in the fog of dark and night, would cross the North Sea, then suddenly, without notice, without warning, sneaking right past the enemy's line of defense‚ would blow up some of his major installations—power plants, fortifications, bunkers, big guns‚ even battleships, which they'd sink right in the port's mouth, bottling up his fleet—all this damage inflicted by a mere handful of men against almost innumerable numerical odds of the enemy, in manpower and firepower—all because they were quick, unexpected, surprising, sudden attacks, taking the initiative and the offensive, choosing the time and the place, and the enemy knew not where or when, so he could never be prepared! And they were extremely successful! It caused him to have to spread out his forces and be prepared to defend himself in so many places at one time that he weakened his whole operation!
30. —BECAUSE THE ENEMY NEVER KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO NEXT! He doesn't know what kind of a shenanigan you're going to pull next, and you've put him on the defensive! He rocks and reels from sudden blow after sudden blow‚ so that he has no time to organise an attack on you; he's too busy defending himself! In this way, tiny guerrilla forces and commando units can keep an entire numerically superior conventional army at bay, and an army continually on the defensive will never get anywhere!
31. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A WAR WHICH IS NOT WON OR LOST! YOU'RE EITHER WINNING OR LOSING! And if you're not winning it, you're losing it, as we are in Vietnam, all because of our defensive warfare—our containment policy—our refusal to attack the enemy's main strongholds and bases, but just sitting there most of the time and letting him attack us!
32. THIS IS WHY ALMOST ALL MAJOR ASCENDING WORLD POWERS IN HISTORY HAVE WON, BECAUSE THE BIG POWERS OF THEIR DAY HAD ARRIVED, AND DIDN'T WANT TO GO ANY PLACE—they had what they wanted! They weren't trying to attack! They were just trying to hold—to have and to hold, to keep what they've got! They have their locked doors and shuttered windows, so that they can't even see out to see what's going on in the world! They don't even know what's happening! They can't see the handwriting on the wall! They're just sitting with their gold bags hugged tightly to them and shivering behind their barred gates—sitting ducks for an aggressive enemy who wants to go someplace, to get somewhere, to accomplish something‚ to wage war and win!
33. SO THE ASCENDING POWER LAUNCHES AN OFFENSIVE—he goes to the attack—here, there‚ and everywhere, with freedom of movement and freedom of choice, and so harrasses the enemy‚ so weakens him‚ that he nearly destroys him just by nerve warfare—a war of nerves—a war of fear—never knowing where the enemy's going to strike next—afraid to face the facts‚ afraid to face even realities—just trembling behind the closed doors and closed eyes, hoping it'll go away—hoping it won't happen—hoping he can hang on just a little longer—like America and so–called free world today! Communism has taken the initiative, is calling the shots, is launching the attacks, is choosing the times and places, and, with originally much inferior forces, has got the world on the run—like you've seen a bunch of little dogs nipping at the heels of a big one‚ or a bunch of tiny sparrows chasing away a big hawk!
34. IT'S ALMOST LIKE A SIEGE OF A CITY in olden days. Sometimes the city would last several years—a city surrounded entirely by the enemy's armies, cut off from the rest of the world, from reinforcements and supplies which finally dwindled down to nothing, in food, and manpower, and ammunition, and became so weak, while the enemy just sat there and patiently waited and didn't even have to attack—because the city wasn't attacking!
35. THE ENEMY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEFEND HIMSELF! He would just sit there while the city dwindled away and became entirely too weak to even defend itself—like the free world today rots and decays from within with fear and iniquity while the enemy just waits for it to collapse from its own weaknesses!
36. YOU GET WEAK FROM SITTING STILL! YOU GET WEAK FROM DOING NOTHING, AS THE CHURCH HAS FOR GENERATIONS NOW. You become totally incapable of even defending yourself, much less launching an attack, while the enemy gets stronger and stronger from one attack after another—from action‚ aggression, movement, invasion—till the Church has now been so weakened in her defensive warfare, her "no-win" war against a militant, active, vigorous, attacking enemy, she's become so infiltrated and invaded, that she is ready to topple!—All because she didn't face the facts—all because she had "arrived" and become "rich and increased in goods and had need of nothing," when in reality she has become "wretched and naked and blind" and in need of everything, including God! She has become weakened by a false sense of security, behind her barred gates and closed doors and blinded eyes and her desire to just to hold on to what she has, without gaining any ground!
37. SHE HAS BECOME SO WEAKENED BY THIS WAR OF ATTRITION, that she is literally ready to fold, and is packing up her tents and going home, evacuating mission field after mission field in the face of the onslaughts of a Godless enemy!—And nation after nation has been closed to the Gospel!—Because, in your generation, she's become a "Church Defensive" instead of a "Church Militant‚" as she was under Martin Luther!
38. THAT ONE MAN AGAINST THE WORLD, WITH GOD, WAS MORE THAN A MATCH FOR THE DEVIL and all his forces‚ because that man, Martin Luther, launched the attack‚ he took the initiative, he chose the time and place‚ and he drove home thrust after thrust of the Sword of God's Spirit into the wide open chinks in the armour of the so-called Church!—Its open weaknesses through which he put it on the defensive, through which the entire Roman Catholic Church—this worldwide universal religious political body—was set back on its heels and made to defend itself against the attacks of one man and a few others who preceded and followed him.
39. BECAUSE THESE TINY INDIVIDUALS ROSE IN THE POWER AND STATURE OF GOD TO THE ATTACK ON THE ENEMY, THE GATES OF HELL WERE UNABLE TO PREVAIL against them—to withstand the truth! They faced the facts and the fears‚ put on the whole armour of God, and, taking the offensive attacking weapon of the Sword of His Spirit‚ which is the Word of God‚ they rushed the enemy and hacked him to pieces before he knew what was happening!
40. HE HAD NO ANSWERS! He has no defense! He was doomed to destruction! He was destroyed by his own defensive warfare!
41. YOU CAN BE DESTROYED BY DEFENDING, INSTEAD OF ATTACKING! NEVER LET YOURSELF GET PUT ON THE DEFENSIVE! Never let them do all the talking, ask all the questions, give all the answers! Sock it to them with the Word of God! Survey their condition find the chinks in their armour, the weakness in their defence, then launch the attack with the Sword of His Spirit! Don't let them put you on the defensive, or you're doomed to defeat!
42. THIS IS WHY THE TINY HANDFUL OF CHRISTIANS OF THE EARLY CHURCH COULD ABSOLUTELY UPSET THE WHOLE ROMAN WORLD! This is why the tiny handful of so-called Reformers, really Revolutionists—of the Reformation, could all but destroy the power of the Roman church! This is why the tiny handful of American pioneers could establish such a great and powerful country—now one of the richest and most powerful in the world!—And this is why our tiny little band of Revolutionary Christians has got the Church shaking in its boots. Because we're launching the attack! We're on the offensive! We're invading their territory, and it's impossible to defend themselves against the truth! They can only try to kill and imprison us! They can't deny it! They have no answer, because we have God and His Word on our side‚ and we're launching the attack! We're doing something, while they're just sitting there taking it! They can't fight back with spiritual weapons, because they haven't got the Spirit! So they have to take carnal methods of retaliation: beatings, police, prison, and one of these days, death—martyrdom—but these are no match for the Spirit and the power and the Word of God!
43. FOR OUR WEAPONS ARE NOT CARNAL, BUT MIGHTY to the tearing down of their strongholds! We're destroying them, we're destroying their lies, we're destroying their damnable religious System, exposing their hypocrisy, uncovering their rotten nakedness, their stinking, rotting flesh—fleshliness, devoid of power of God, and now denuded of the cloak of hypocrisy by the sharp sword of our knowledge of His Word, and our actions our sample, not just sermons! They are sore wounded, as well, for our archers have wounded them with the Ammunition of the Scripture! They are old, decrepit, and dying, because they have no life blood—no blood of Christ—no power of the Spirit‚ and they are dying without heirs, because they have committed genocide in not bearing fruit in this generation. They are becoming extinct—a species without reproductive organs—impotent—barren—and alone—even without God—the False Church—the Great Whore and the Mother of Harlots—doomed to destruction, while the tiny band of true Christian, Revolutionaries for Jesus, arises to the attack to help finish her and put her out of her misery!—The True Church Triumphant prevailing over the very gates of Hell itself—the hypocritical religious Systems of this present world!
44. SURE, WE'LL HAVE CASUALTIES! Sure‚ we'll have losses! Sure we'll have wounds!—But we'll win—because we cannot lose! It's impossible, for God is with us, and no longer with them! And we're on the offensive! We're moving! We're attacking! We're active! We're doing something—getting things done—acting, not just talking—samples, not just Sermons—activists, not just theorists—converting‚ changing, conquering, while they just sit there, lulled to sleep by their lovely organ lullabies, drifting in a dream world that's about to collapse around their ears because they won't face the facts—they won't their fears—they won't even face the truth: that they're a False Church‚ not the one founded by Jesus Christ, not the one intended by God—but they have become the very gates of Hell itself, leading souls to destruction by their deceptive delusions, by their captivating counterfeits, their horrible hypocrisy, while we prevail against them!
45. THEIR GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT STAND! Their damnable doors to destruction cannot withstand our attacks! They are doomed to failure while we are destined to succeed! Praise His Name! Thank you, Jesus!
46. ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR OUR SUCCESS HAS BEEN OUR WILLINGNESS TO FACE THE FACTS, to tell it like it is, and know where it's at!—To refuse to continue to drift along in that dream–world of religion‚ but to stand like a tree against the storm‚ like a rock against the floods, and then to move to the attack!—An attack which they say is suicidal, unheard of, impossible—you can't destroy the religious System—it'll destroy you!
47. YES, THEY'VE ALWAYS KILLED AND IMPRISONED THE LEADERS and some of the followers—but the truth goes marching on! They cannot stop the truth! Glory Hallelujah! His Truth is marching on!—Because it is marching, and not just sitting still!
48. WE'VE FACED THE FACTS, FACED THE FEARS, AND DECLARED WAR on hypocrisy—war on their lies war on their deceptions and delusions—and we are determined to destroy, to cast down, to uproot that which is false!—Actively!—Offensively!—That the Lord may plant and build the Truth and His True Church in its place! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! "Onward Christian Soldiers, marching in His War, with the Cross of Jesus, Going on before!"
49. JESUS ATTACKED THEM, WOUNDED THEIR SYSTEM UNTO DEATH, and they killed Him in return‚ but He rose again to lead His tiny band of followers to ultimate victory—to overthrow the Roman Empire with love and the power of the Gospel—something all the revolts of the Jews and the Zealots and their religious radicals had never been able to do—because God was no longer with them—because they did always resist the Holy Ghost, because they rejected their own Saviour, and crucified their own King!
50. SO GOD DEPARTED FROM THEM AND CREATED FOR HIS PEOPLE A "PEOPLE WHICH WERE NO PEOPLE"—Gentile dogs—vile heathen—horrible hippies—by the transforming power of the truth—children unto Abraham by faith—the Seed of Israel by the Spirit—Children of God by Grace! He's taken the weak things to confound the mighty, and the things which are not as though they were! He's made something out of nothing—you and me!" "Not by might not by power, but by My Spirit!" "Not of works" but "by grace through faith," and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against us! Hallelujah!
51. LET'S GO! ATTACK! YOU CAN'T LOSE, because they don't know how to fight! They don't have the right kind of weapons and they aren't facing the facts! They don't know the truth!
52. FACE THE ENEMY! ATTACK HIM! RESIST THE ENEMY AND HE'LL FLEE FROM THEE! Praise God! Face the fear of man in the power of His Spirit on the promises of His Word, and you cannot fail! Praise God!
"And tho' this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us.
The Prince of Darkness grim—
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo, his doom is sure,
One little Word shall fell him!
"That Word above all earthly powers,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours,
Through Him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill:
God's truth abideth still,
AND WE WILL WIN THE BATTLE!"
53. WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT!—Enter thou into the joy of Thy Lord!