1. THE DRAMATIC ASSASSINATION OF SENATOR AQUINO CAUSED MARCOS SO MUCH TROUBLE that I'm inclined to definitely think that it was probably his enemies that shot the guy to try to give him, Marcos, trouble because his enemies have practically rejoiced over the whole thing & made big capital out of it.
6. THE U.S. WOULDN'T MIND A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT THERE, in fact would even favour it if they could be sure the new government would be pro-U.S. & would still permit the bases. But the backers of Marcos' opposition have very openly advocated the ousting of the U.S. bases, so to the U.S. it's like choosing between the kettle or the pot, & they prefer in this case you might say the kettle, which lets off steam, rather than the pot which just simmers.
7. THEY'RE PREFERRING A SURE THING TO A VERY UNSURE THING, as obviously Marcos' opposition is very very thoroughly laced with radicals, fanatics, Communists, rebels, Catholic leaders of the rebels &‚ as the pictures of the Aquino funeral clearly demonstrated‚ fist-saluting pro-Communists & Communists. So we can be thankful for [those] who run the U.S. who oppose a change in the Philippine government that might endanger the bases, as opposed to the more liberal bitter [ACs] represented by the Herald Tribune who apparently want to overthrow Marcos at any cost.
8. THE [ACS] THEMSELVES ARE NOT UNITED SOMETIMES, & there is a difference of opinion. At the moment we can be thankful in that particular case that the smarter more powerful U.S.-controlled [ACs] have the upper hand & are more apt to be listened to. Thank the Lord! It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, & in this case the ill wind of the windy [ACs] that control the U.S. happens to be doing some good in seeking to preserve their Philippine ally, including its Marcos government as the lesser of two evils if it means a choice between a pro–U.S. Philippine Marcos government & an anti–U.S. pro–Communist Philippine government which would be anti-U.S. bases.
9. SO AT THE MOMENT THE LORD SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO BALANCE THE ANTICHRIST'S FORCES & STRIKE A HAPPY MEDIUM TO PRESERVE THE PEACE FOR THE SAKE OF HIS PEOPLE.—So that the Lord sent it even if the Devil might bring it. So we should thank the Lord for it & pray for the peace of the Philippines for the sake of our hundreds of Members there who have profited from the climate & the religious freedom of the Marcos government, favoured with a great deal of help & freedom from the Marcos government‚ & a change in that government brought on by the anti-Marcos [AC] foes & pro-Communist elements could very adversely affect their stay there.
10. SO IT BEHOOVES US TO PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF THE PHILIPPINES & the preservation of the present government which has enforced peace by strong control & resistance to the Communist & pro-Communist radicals & Roman Catholic-led opposition by a [AC] Cardinal, as a change in the Philippine government could very adversely affect the Family. So please pray for the preservation of peace in the Philippines at whatever cost, as we are exhorted in the Bible to pray for the peace of the powers that be who exist by the will of God for our protection.
11. ROMANS 13:1-8: "LET EVERY SOUL BE SUBJECT UNTO THE HIGHER POWERS. FOR THERE IS NO POWER BUT OF GOD: THE POWERS THAT BE ARE ORDAINED OF GOD. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: & they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works‚ but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power?—Do that which is good, & thou shalt have praise of the same; For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil‚ be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: For he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
12. "WHEREFORE YE MUST NEEDS BE SUBJECT, NOT ONLY FOR WRATH, BUT ALSO FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE. For this cause pay ye tribute also: For they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: Tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: For he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law."—Amen? The Scriptures exhort us many times to pray for peace & for the powers that be that keep that peace, regardless of who they may be. GBAKY!—In Jesus' name, amen!