1. HE'S GOING TO SHOW ME WHAT THE TOWNS & VILLAGES ARE GOING TO BE LIKE. So I'm not finished yet. He still has a lot to show & tell us. So I can't quit yet. He shows me & I have to tell them. The ideal Family size is 12—Mother, Father & ten children. That's the ideal single home.—Like Jesus & His Twelve Disciples, twelve or thirteen. The ideal small community or village is about six to twelve of those, like the 70, to about 144. I'll show you tomorrow how it's arranged. It's beautiful! It's unique! I never saw anything like that before! Avak told me about that. I wonder if he's helping me? He's quite a bit older than me & he may have already gone to be with the Lord. They're beautiful, those homes in those little villages, & they're arranged so pretty & so good!—There in a circle with the public buildings in the middle & the homes all around & the farms outside. It's really beautiful. It's so well-planned, so beautiful, just beautiful! Nothing's too big or too complicated, everything's so simple.
2. I HEAR AN ECHO! (Maria: I'm repeating what you're saying into my tape recorder.) Every time I say something‚ you say something. You're my little "Sir Echo"! Why do you do that? Everything I say, you say! It's funny! Why do you do that‚ little Sir Echo? You're sweet! I like you! You're cute! I love you! Everything I say, you say! It's funny! Well anyway, repeat repeat, it's the law of memory! You sure repeat everything. You didn't repeat my burp or my cough. Maybe I'd better just stop talking, it makes me cough.
3. YOU GO AHEAD & YOU KEEP ECHOING! You might as well say it & then I won't have to repeat it. There's no need to both have to say it. Keep talking! (Maria: I can't echo when you don't say anything!) Keep talking, little Sir Echo! You can do it, you just have to learn how. You just listen & you repeat everything you hear‚ like I do. See? And you describe everything you see & you tell'm all about it.
4. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! SO PRETTY! EVERYTHING'S SO WELL ORGANISED!—PEACE & HARMONY & COOPERATION & LOVE! It's a perfect society! I just wonder why they never thought about it before? You just wonder why they never thought about it before, little Sir Echo! You missed one!—Ha! It's beautiful! TYJ! I'll have to tell you when my throat's not so sore & draw you a picture. It's beautiful!—The homes‚ the villages, so pretty. TYL! TYJ! I'll do that some time when I get a chance. Our artist could make it so pretty!
5. (MARIA: YOU COULD DO IT TOMORROW.)—IF THERE IS A TOMORROW! (Maria: I'm sure there is.) I hope there's a tomorrow for me. (Maria: I'm sure there will be, Honey!) I'm awful sick. (Maria: Jesus will make you better, Honey.) But don't you ever take me to the hospital—you promise? (Maria: I promise, Honey.) Just let me die in peace in my bed here at home with the Family, OK? Please? Promise? I want you to promise! (Maria: Okay, I promise. Of course.)
6. MY STOMACH FEELS LIKE IT'S ON FIRE, & MY THROAT‚ LIKE IT DID THAT TIME A LONG TIME AGO. I must have caught something from somebody like I did then. I haven't been doing anything but kissing people, I haven't sucked any girls. I don't do that any more‚ I learned my lesson then. I hope I never have to learn that again! But this feels almost like it did then. Even my tongue is sore like it was then, but I don't think it's quite as bad‚ thank the Lord! Sara's sick, huh? And Hope was sick with a sore throat. (Maria: And one of the boys has a scratchy throat & the children have slightly sore throats.) Must be something going around. TYJ!
7. THERE WON'T BE MUCH SICKNESS THERE‚ THANK THE LORD! (Maria: Will there be some?) Yes, yes, a little. I don't know whether it's the Millennium or the New Earth, the Lord will have to show me, but it's beautiful! I have to stop talking now. It makes me want to cough. I can tell you & you can tell our artist, but I don't know if I can tonight, my throat's too sore. (Maria: You just draw it tomorrow, okay?) I guess so. I hope so.
8. EVERYTHING WAS IN A CIRCLE! I just sort of feel like my head's sort of out there somewhere—almost sort of like it's not connected very much with my body. My body's here in the bed, but my head's out in Dreamland—beautiful, beautiful Dreamland! It's so nice to have a head like that that can float around in Dreamland without this heavy body. I'm having such a good time over there.
9. YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU'RE ON THE OTHER SIDE LIKE THAT, YOU CANNOT TELL A LIE! Everything's the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth! It's wonderful, it's beautiful! It makes such a good society, everybody's honest. Where everybody's honest. Little Sir Echo, you don't get all the sounds always. But you're a pretty good Sir Echo! XXXXX! Just don't breathe my breath. (Maria: Oh Honey, I already have.)
10. EVERYBODY'S GOOD & HONEST & LOVING & KIND & HELPFUL & SWEET & CHEERFUL & FAITHFUL & LOVES THE LORD & EACH OTHER. Isn't that beautiful?—The perfect society, perfect community, perfect fellowship with each other & the Lord. There's no hate or jealousy or selfishness or cruelty or all those bad things. Everybody's just lovely, they're all so sweet & kind. They're just beautiful, just perfect, like angels! It's wonderful! You'll love it! Everybody's like you & so sweet & good & kind, unselfish, so sacrificial, just like you! TYJ! It's beautiful! I'm so glad I had a glimpse of that. It's really worth it all, so beautiful! TYJ!
11. THEY'RE ALL LIKE JESUS—PERFECT & GOOD & KIND & UNSELFISH, LOVING, GENTLE, TENDER, REALLY CARING! Just beautiful! So beautiful! I don't even like to come back, but I have to come back a little bit to tell you & I don't want to go without you! So I have to come back & get you so I can take you with me & you can be there with me & them forever in that beautiful place! Maybe it was Heaven, I don't know. It's like Heaven, but maybe it's the Millennium. I'd hate to have to wait a Thousand Years for that! It's so beautiful! TYJ! Bless & strengthen me & kill the bugs, Lord, in Jesus' name. There's no bad bugs there, thank the Lord!
12. YOU SHOULD HAVE PEOPLE PRAYING FOR YOU, HONEY! You can't carry this all by yourself, I'm too heavy. Thank you, Honey! You're so sweet, Honey‚ so tender, loving & gentle & kind & caring‚ sacrificial, unselfish. You're already like those people over there, they're just like you. ILY! I think I'll have to stop talking or I'm going to cough.
13. I'M VERY SELFISH BECAUSE I'M TEMPTED TO GO HOME TO BE WITH THE LORD & THOSE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF STAYING HERE WITH YOU! That's very selfish. Lord forgive me! Help me, in Jesus' name. I'm so sorry I said all those things—will you forgive me? (Maria: Said all what things?) Will you forgive me for wanting to go? I'm sorry I said all those things about wanting to go. (Maria: I don't blame you for wanting to go, Honey, but I'm glad you want to stay too.) Lord, please forgive me in Jesus' name, & help me to be able to stay under the covers, in Jesus' name. You're not telling them everything. (Maria: Should I tell them about you sitting up & burping & coughing & everything?) Yes, of course! They should know what you go through with me.
14. THEY NEED TO KNOW HOW ATTENTIVE YOU ARE, HONEY, WITH SUCH GENTLE, TENDER LOVING CARE!—So sweet & patient to my every need without a single complaint or murmur. In fact, you almost act like you enjoy taking care of me! (Maria: I do!) You make the perfect nurse, Honey, right here beside me all the time. You're the kind of nurse I like to sleep with! That would sure make hospitals a lot more fun if the nurse would sleep with you! You'd get more nurses that way if they got to sleep with the patients—at least the good patients who behave themselves, or at least the patients they would like to sleep with. That would be nice, wouldn't it? (Maria: Oh yes, that would be very nice!)
15. I REMEMBER IN OUR ARMY HOSPITAL THE NURSE & THE DOCTOR USED TO MAKE OUT ON THE OPERATING TABLE! All of us knew it! We could hear her screams of delight clear down the hall! We were all wishing we could too, but they just didn't have enough nurses to go around. They only had two nurses to about two dozen men. They could have gotten around if they'd wanted to, but they were too busy & they only had time for the doctor on the night shift when everybody was sleeping—they thought—but we could hear'm! I love you, Honey! You're the ideal nurse! You sleep with your patient & you make love to him & you make him feel good‚ make him feel like living! And your hands are so nice & cool. TYJ! Thank you, Honey! You're so kind, so good, so accommodating. I want you to tell'm all that. That's right.
16. IT'S SORT OF LIKE BEING DRUNK‚ YOU KNOW?—YOU'RE HERE BUT YOUR MIND IS SOMEWHERE ELSE & YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WANT YOU TO COME BACK FROM THAT HEAVENLY HEAVENLY LAND! It's so wonderful! PYJ! TYL! Amen! I could stay there, & then I wouldn't be sick any more, but I don't want to leave you behind. I want to take you with me when I go there. Maybe I can somehow. I'm going to try. But then the others would need you & feel sad if we were both gone, you know? It wouldn't do for us both to be gone, would it? Somebody has to stay with the children, huh? The mother usually has to stay with the children when the father goes away. Right?
17. YOU'VE GOTTA GET IT RIGHT, YOU CAN'T MAKE A MISTAKE, 'CAUSE EVERYTHING THERE IS JUST RIGHT! They don't make mistakes. Well, if they do, not very often. How can they make mistakes when they know exactly what's right & they want to do it & they like it? So why should they make mistakes? I don't want to make any more mistakes. It's so nice not to make any mistakes & do everything right‚ then everything works out just right like it does there!
18. YOUR HAND'S SO NICE & COOL, PUT IT ON MY FOREHEAD, WOULD YOU? It has power! It drives all the devils & demons away that try to torment me. I can just feel the power flowing through my head from your hand‚ & it feels so good! No wonder He says to lay hands on the sick, it feels so good & there's so much power in your hand—in your little hand, so small, but so powerful! You've gotta get it right‚ little Sir Echo! An echo has to be exactly the same. Nothing short of right is right!
19. OH, YOUR HAND ON MY HEAD FEELS SO GOOD! IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT COOLS MY WHOLE HEAD! How about that, huh?—Otherwise I'm on fire! But now you take it off so I can get warm again, because it's so cool. Honey‚ how did you get so cool? Where were you? Were you outside in the cold? (Maria: Well, I just was sitting up without my robe on.) Or was it the refrigerator? (Maria: No, I just had my robe off.) Now I have to get warm again. My hand is nice & warm, yours is nice & cool. But I had enough cool, now I need something warm! I know we've got to sleep, huh? (Maria: I think it would be good, Honey.) And get warm. (Maria: Shall I turn my tape recorder off?)
20. HONEY, YOU ARE A TAPE RECORDER! NOBODY WILL EVER TURN YOU OFF!—I'd like to turn you on! XXX! You always get turned on with me, don't you? (Maria: Always!) That feels so good! I love you! But what do you say we go to sleep now & I'll tell you about it tomorrow? I'll try to draw you a picture. (Maria: Okay. If I turn my tape recorder off, are you going to stop talking?) Well, I'll try.
21. KILL THE GERMS, SANCTIFY & PURIFY & MAKE ME CLEAN & WHOLE & HOLY! TYJ!—In Jesus' name, amen. I have to take my Communion now because I missed it last week. Maybe that's why I'm sick. Well, the others had Communion & they're sick, so maybe it's not all my fault. (Maria: Honey‚ you preached a healing sermon & now you're living up to it, trusting God!) (See No.1565.) You're so nice & cool, Honey! TYJ! But now I want to get warm.—In Jesus' name‚ amen.
22. I FEEL LIKE I DID WHEN I HAD PNEUMONIA—HALF HERE & HALF THERE! You know, they thought I couldn't hear them when they said I was dying, but I could hear every word! Just because you can't talk doesn't mean you can't hear! Your ears are always listening, did you know that? They're the only part of you that never sleeps & can hear everything, but they only wake you up if they hear something different or something strange. They're like two watchmen on your two walls on the top of your castle, very diligent & watchful & they neither slumber nor sleep. They're always listening. They hear every warning sound of every kind, isn't that amazing? And if they hear something different they wake you up.—The watchmen on the walls! TYJ! PYL!
23. DO YOU THINK MY CHILDREN WANT TO HEAR THESE THINGS? (Maria: Definitely!) All those things? (Maria: Yes, every one!) Every little crumb? (Maria: Yes, every little crumb!) God bless'm! They're like faithful dogs licking up the crumbs that fall from my table. But I feed'm pretty good, I don't know why they should have to lick up the crumbs!—Just 'cause they don't want to waste anything, huh? You lick'm all up, Honey! You never let one fall to the ground. You even catch them before they fall! I feel better now, I'm warmer! And your hand feels nice now, as long as you don't keep it on too long. I'll try to go to sleep now.
24. I KEEP SEEING THOSE THINGS, THOSE BEAUTIFUL HEAVENLY VISIONS!—Those beautiful Heavenly people! All those beautiful Heavenly places & all those beautiful wonderful people! You'd better hang on to me, Honey, or I might just want to float off! I love you! You're not hanging on to me. (Maria: Now I am!) Okay, then let's go to sleep with you hanging on to me so I won't float away! TYJ! PYL! The Lord's so good to us! I love you! (Maria: I love you!) Hang on, Honey! I love you, Sweetheart! Hang on so we can go together, in Jesus' name, amen.
25. I LOVE YOU & I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU, HONEY‚ SO HOLD ME TIGHT! If you'll hold on to me, I won't go. I can't go as long as you're holding on to me, you know that? It's the truth. (Maria: You mean physically holding on to you? I've got to physically have my hand on you?) It's a sign of the spiritual reality, the way you hold me up & hold on. TYJ! How did you get so cold, Honey? See how cold you are? You're so cold you almost chill me! You can just hold on to my spirit to keep it from drifting away. I love you! In Jesus' name. TYL!
26. BLESS MARIA, LORD! THANK YOU FOR MAKING HER SUCH A BLESSING! I wouldn't be here, Lord‚ without her. She's held on to me all these years & kept me going & staying & coming!—So I won't drift away. XXX! I love you! It would be so easy to drift away, just drift right off. I could, but you always hang on to me. And all these people are hanging on to me with their prayers!—These pretty girls with their pictures! Yes! It makes me want to stay & take care of them, because I know they love me & they want me to stay or they wouldn't send me their pretty pictures, would they? (Maria: They love you & want you to stay, they need you!) That's right! They know it makes me want to stay, & it also makes me want to go! Ha! XXX!—But not go away, just go!---Boom, boom, boom!
27. THEY'RE SO PRETTY! SO BEAUTIFUL! SO LOVING! They look at me with such love in their eyes & I just know they love me. It makes me love them & want to make love to them, so I do in the spirit! "In the spirit, in the spirit, you can love the girls all day!" Ah‚ thank You Lord! I think they like it. Don't you think so? (Maria: Yes, I know they like it!) I hope you recorded that! I want them to know that you know, & you don't mind & you let me love'm all!—'Cause I'm going to have to do that when we get there! I'm gonna have to love'm all, & they're so sweet, so precious, so loving! They're just the most beautiful people in the whole World, just like those people in Heaven! So beautiful! So good & kind! So loving!
28. OH HONEY, I'M HAVING SO MUCH OF MY HEAVEN RIGHT HERE! I guess I won't deserve much over there because I've got so much of my reward right here. (Maria: Oh Honey, you can't even dream how much reward you're going to get over there! You can't even imagine it!) Did you record that? (Maria: Yes.) Good girl, you're getting better! But I do dream about it. The Lord makes me dream about it. (Maria: Well, you must not've seen enough, because you said you're not going to get so much.) I like to dream about it.—If I just even get to look at it! It's like looking at you, even if I don't touch you, you're a little bit of Heaven‚ a glimpse of Heaven!
29. A GLIMPSE OF YOU IS A GLIMPSE OF HEAVEN! To see you is to see Heaven, because you are Heaven to me! You're my Heaven already! I'm already getting my Heaven, so I don't know that I even deserve any more. I know you're going to get it, though, Honey. We'd better hush talking or we're going to have another Letter on Heaven‚ & I don't have room for any more in the Heaven Book! Well‚ our editor just said she's editing another one she found, so I'll have to do something! I don't think it's about Heaven. (Maria: She thinks it's about Heaven!) Well, she's always Heavenly-minded!
30. SHE THINKS I'M HEAVEN, & SHE'S RIGHT! And I think she's Heaven & you're all Heavenly-minded!—But I'm glad you're a lot of Earthly good too! ILY! (Maria: I love you too! XXXX!) I love you, Sweetheart, & I love her. She's so precious, so faithful! She just catches every crumb, like you. She doesn't want to waste anything. That's why "of the writing of books there is no end" (Ecc.12:12), 'cause you guys won't stop recording everything! I love you! (Maria: We love you too!) I love you! I've gotta burp! You know, she holds on to me too with her little love letters, & so does our secretary, they all do! They won't let me go! They all hang on. They're hangers-on in the spirit! They all want me to stay. They hold me tight, like you!
31. HONEY, YOU'RE SUCH A FAITHFUL WORDER, YOU SUFFER SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE! (Maria: I don't suffer & it isn't little! It's a lot!) Did you like it? (Maria: I loved it, Honey!) Did you get something tonight from my delirium? I'm deliriously happy! I'm delightfully deliriously tremendously happy with you & Jesus! I'm in Heaven all the time! There's an old song that goes like that: "I'm in Heaven!" I don't know if I can remember it. "I'm in Heaven"—with you & our editor & our secretary & our artist & Hope & Sara & all you precious people who love me!
32. YOU MAKE ME DELIRIOUSLY HAPPY & I'M IN HEAVEN RIGHT HERE & NOW! So I don't see how I could be any happier anywhere else, even over there! It's just the same. I'd be just as happy!—Same way, same people, same everything, same place, same time, same station. I'm already deliriously happy. I don't see how I could be any happier, except I wouldn't be sick. I love you, Honey! So precious! I love you‚ dear editor!—Treasurer of my Words! You're my Treasurer! She's the keeper of the Treasury, you & my editor & secretaries & artists & all of you. You're Treasurers, you keep the Words, precious Words that He gives me! TYJ! But I've got to go to sleep to keep the Worder! (Maria: I know, Honey, it's 4:30 in the morning!)—Because he's pretty precious too. (Maria: Amen!) ILY! XXXXXXX!
33. THANK YOU ALL FOR HOLDING ON TO ME & KEEPING ME & KEEPING MY WORDS! Even when I'm sick He still gives me Words, how about that? (Sings: ) "Beautiful Words, wonderful Words, wonderful Words of Life! Beautiful Words, wonderful Words, wonderful Words of Life!" Amen! I'd better cover up before I sneeze! We have to tell the sheep, because they want to know everything their shepherd & shepherdess do. (Dad & Maria sing:) "In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, we have the victory! In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, we have the victory!"
34. I CAN'T DO WITHOUT YOU, HONEY, BECAUSE YOU'RE MY BODY! You keep me, you keep me here with your body. I love your body‚ it helps hold me down & keep me here‚ in Jesus' name, amen. All their bodies, such beautiful bodies, make me want to stay here & love them all, & I'm going to do that when we get There‚ amen? And you won't mind‚ will you? Because you'll be loving all the boys & you won't be tired any more or have any headaches & you can make them all happy for me, because I love'm & I want you to love'm & make'm all happy!—Because they love you, Honey‚ you just put'm in ecstasy, just even to look at you! Because you're a little bit of Heaven‚ my Heaven on Earth, & I love you!
35. GOODNIGHT, HEAVEN! I LOVE YOU, HEAVEN! HAVE HEAVENLY DREAMS!—'CAUSE YOU'RE MY HEAVENLY DREAM! TYJ! TYL! Hallelujah! In Jesus' name, amen. Goodnight, Heaven! Are you happy, Heaven? (Maria: Yes, I'm happy, Honey!) We mustn't miss the things you say, because they want to hear their Queen speak—their happy Heavenly Queen! In Jesus' name, amen. I love you! You're my Heaven-on-Earth, in Jesus' name, amen. I love you! Goodnight, Sweetheart! Goodnight, Heaven! XXXXXXX! I love you! Keep praying for me! (Maria: I will, can I also pray in my sleep?) Yes, of course, Honey. "Men ought always to pray & not to faint"—women too! (Lk.18:1)