—By Father DavidDO 100822 January‚ 1975
1. IN A CASE WHERE YOU KNOW THE CAUSE IS SPIRITUAL, taking a child to the doctor [relieves you] of any criminal responsibility of not having done, as they would say, "all you can do for the baby." In any case of serious illness, serious enough to result in death or permanent damage‚ what would the System expect you to do? Do all the System would expect you to do, to avoid liability.
2. NUMBER ONE, IF MOTHER IS THERE ALONE, WHO WOULD THEY EXPECT YOU TO CALL FIRST? The father, of course, because they would expect the mother to consult with the father first before making any decision, especially if there is the slightest question of how serious it is or whether they should call the doctor, because it's their responsibility.
3. NEXT, IF THEY DECIDED IT WAS SERIOUS ENOUGH FOR A DOCTOR'S CARE THEY WOULD EXPECT THEM TO CALL THE DOCTOR. Then if the doctor says there's nothing serious, just gives a prescription & says‚ "I'll be back in two days," next time the baby has an attack, what should you do? Once the doctor has diagnosed & prescribed & they are following the doctor's orders, they need only call the doctor if some serious change comes in the baby's condition which is different from what has occurred before.
4. EVEN IF THEY CAN'T GET THEIR DOCTOR or the doctor they wanted, once he has examined & it has been diagnosed & prescribed for, then it becomes his responsibility & what more can they do? Are they supposed to go around calling every doctor in town? They will just absolutely get upset & furious. It's going from one extreme in not calling a doctor at all‚ to calling them all the time.
5. YOU HAVE TO DO THE MINIMUM THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBES, especially if you know it's a spiritual condition. It's so silly to keep on chasing around after doctors as long as there's no major change in the condition. You have to use your own judgement & do as much as they would expect. Then if you are pretty sure doctors & hospitals can't do anything, don't worry about them. Do all you can spiritually & in prayer to get control of the situation.
6. YOU HAVE TO DO ONE OF TWO THINGS WHEN HANDLING A SPIRITUAL CASE like demoniacs, insane people & the possessed. You have to either get them totally delivered, which solves the whole problem‚ or you have to humour the insane. As long as you keep them happy & the way they want it, you usually won't have too many problems. The Devil can just turn on those things & turn them off, according to the victim's will.
7. WE DEALT WITH THE CASE OF JANE'S SISTER BY MARRIAGE PERSONALLY while we were visiting Jane's home in Louisville. Her oldest brother was having a lot of trouble with his insane wife who would strip & walk down the street naked where he pastored a church & not take care of their six children. She was a very brilliant young college woman, very homely though, & he very handsome. She'd just come back from the asylum & was back at home & seemed to be much better & her husband was having to stay home a great deal to help nurse her.
8. WHEN SOMEBODY IN SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY DEALS WITH A CASE you can just sit there & command them to tell you about what is going on, & my mother just talked to the girl & went to meddling back in her past to find out how it all came about & was she happy with her husband, etc. Mother asked her first of all why they let her out of the insane asylum & she said, "Well‚ I didn't like those shock treatments, so I didn't have any more spells." So Mother said, "You can control those spells if you want to?" And she said, "Yes, most of the time."
9. SHE SAID, "AT FIRST I WAS ONLY PRETENDING. The first time I stripped off my clothes & decided to walk out the front door & down the street my husband had been so busy staying in his office studying all the time & I was so busy with all the children, I was trying to do something to attract his attention.—I wanted more sex.—So
10. "I DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DRASTIC TO MAKE HIM SEE I NEEDED HELP & ATTENTION, so it occurred to me to walk out the front door naked & he'd think I was crazy & wouldn't let me stay home with the kids alone anymore & would stay with us." She said, "At first I was just pretending, but after a while I wasn't pretending anymore, I really did go crazy! I couldn't control it anymore!"
11. YOU SEE, SHE LET THE DEVIL IN BY HER DECEITFULNESS & HER LYING‚ she just opened the door. This shows that in a lot of these demoniac cases the spirits themselves are affected by what happens to the body they're inhabiting. It's like they can sympathetically enjoy the things that their host is doing, or they can also suffer from what the host suffers, & this apparently is one reason why they like to inhabit bodies.
12. BY TAKING OVER A BODY THEY CAN SENSE & FEEL THE THINGS THE BODY FEELS. Apparently the reason why the shock treatments are so effective on cases like this is that the demons just don't enjoy them, so they decide if they want to keep their body & enjoy it they're going to have to behave! Shock treatments are on the nervous system.
13. SPIRITS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE NERVOUS SYSTEM, so now today they just give shock treatments. It's kind of a modern substitute for the old method of flagellation where they beat the demons out. That kind of a case where it's definitely spiritual you either have to cure them or, if you don't want to have too much trouble, then keep them happy & make them think everything's going their way.
14. EVIL SPIRITS DON'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED by a Christian. One filled with the Holy Spirit actually vibrates with the Power of God, even their physical body! That's why the Lord says‚ "Lay hands on them & cast them out"! There are several general characteristics of a person with a familiar spirit, which if taken all together will paint & pretty clear picture of a person who has such a spirit:
15. THEY ARE USUALLY SMART, BRILLIANT & HAVE MADE THEMSELVES INDISPENSABLE IN THEIR JOB.—Real geniuses & very talented. They are as good as gold‚ almost too good a great deal of the time, but then they will be the opposite extreme upon occasion, almost like a totally different person. Just like the little girl that had the little curl right in the middle of her forehead.—When she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!—It's called "schizophrenia."
16. WHEN ANYONE OF REAL SPIRITUAL POWER OR AUTHORITY WHO REALLY KNOWS HOW TO SOCK IT TO THEM IS AROUND. THEY ARE ALWAYS ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOUR. It's very seldom that that little demon steps out of line when this type of person is around. But when there are weaker brethren around whom they can cause to stumble or offend‚ then they're at their worst behaviour. They're always very bad around people that it will hurt or influence, mislead or dominate.
17. THEY USUALLY ARE IN TOP POSITIONS & have real insight. They themselves have terrific discernment & special intuitive sense. Apparently some of these spirits can foresee some of the future. God doesn't reveal a lot to the Devil, but some things, & he's smart enough to know sometimes what's going to happen to him & to them & to try to avoid it.
18. THEY USUALLY KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH THEM, so they put on their best behaviour. They're always very psychic & have real spiritual insight. They are counterfeits of God's real thing. They know ahead of time & they hide the evidence & become good as gold. So if they have tendencies like that, it's wise to keep an eye on them. If they're very good when leaders are around but very very bad when weaker brethren are around, watch out for a demon!
19. THEY CAN READ OTHER PEOPLE'S CHARACTERS JUST LIKE NOTHING! They can tell you more about some of these people than their leaders. It's a good idea to listen to their story because they can tell you a lot of things that maybe you wouldn't even know about other people, unless you have real good discernment yourself. They know what the trouble is with most people because they're real troublemakers themselves.
20. IF YOU COULD USE THEM AS HOUND DOGS BUT KEEP THEM ON A LEASH‚ THEY COULD COME IN HANDY‚ because they're always critical of others & accusers of the saints‚ & much of it is right. They're always on the job pointing up other people's faults, particularly the faults of leaders to babes & weaker brethren.—And the pity of it is they're usually right.—They know!
21. THEY ALWAYS WANT TO STICK AROUND EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE ALWAYS THREATENING TO LEAVE. But if you really pin them right down, they want to stay unless they can be transferred to another spot where they can cause more trouble. They're always threatening suicide, but rarely seem to be able to accomplish it. But if they do accomplish something, it's not quite enough, just enough for them to cause a big stir & make you think if you don't treat them nice they'll kill themselves! Well, if they're not going to be good & live for the Lord, they might as well [leave]. They can do less damage outside than in! GHU!